Suna Rintarou - Deserved Me-Time

Well, I tried. I don't even remember when I wrote this. It's been so long. But at the same time, I really cannot do any better at the time. My humour is being slowly drained and squeezed out of me by my college professors. It's insane. I hope you enjoy it at least a bit.

Requested by thebeastnotbeauty

I honestly have no clue if this is close to what you had in mind, but it's sadly the best that I can pull off right now. XDDD I'll be updating some random chapters, but I'm honestly so weirded out by myself. 

I managed to change so much in just a month and a half. I don't recognize my own thoughts anymore. Instead of the usual loud and confident person that I am, I turned into a shy and clumsy nice little goody-two-shoes that plays the mom of the group half of the time, and then the other half is just the absolute sweetheart with the purest intentions. I don't know where the two-faced bitch that put herself first has gone to, but I want her back. 

I'm sorry for ranting about this, I just needed to get it out of my system. But to make it up to you, please tell me about your month. What were you up to since the school started? How is online education working out for you? Any new and drastic transitions that you had to go through?

"Aniko, Kimiko, please, listen to your father! Mommy is busy right now," I called from the kitchen to my children who were in the living room, arguing with their father about brushing their teeth. My hands were fully covered in soap as I was washing the dishes after the meal I made earlier. I probably wouldn't have so much work if I cooked only for my family. However, there were also these two pests that kind of show up out of blue occasionally that I also kind of have to feed. I mean, I don't have to feed them, it's just that it's polite and they are guests no matter what. Sometimes, I wish my mom raised me to be a bitch.

"Okay, mommy!" Both girls chorused, and then footsteps of three people in total were heard leaving the living room. I sighed and brushed a few strands of hair off of my forehead before returning to scrubbing the pot. "Why is it that they only ever listen to you?" A soft voice asked from behind me right as two arms wrapped around my waist.

"Because you spoil them. You don't make yourself a parental figure. I always have to be the bad guy while you only ever have fun with them." As I said that, I turned to look at my husband, only to see his lips turn into an amused yet lazy smile. "How do they even see you as a bad guy when you're so adorable?" He asked and reached for a towel on the counter before gently rubbing it over my forehead and nose. I blinked a couple of times, not sure what he was doing. "You had soap all over your face. How did you not feel it?" He chuckled and leaned forward, tenderly pressing his lips to my forehead. Just in time, actually, because two minxes came jumping in right as the warmth of his lips left my forehead.

"Daddy, daddy, we're done!" Kimiko cheered and ran towards the two of us, wrapping her arms around Rin's legs. He squatted down in front of her and took her shoulders. "Let me see if you scrubbed good," he asked and waited as she opened her mouth, making sure to bare her teeth, and used her fingers to open her mouth wider. Rin looked into her mouth, frowning in pretend concentration before nodding his head. "Annie?" He called to the other twin, making the little girl quickly bounce over. She did the same thing as her sister, making an identical grimace while trying to show her whole mouth. "Good. Now you can go watch the film," he said and stood up. He leaned on the counter next to me, taking a clean teatowel and drying the dishes that I washed.

"They never groan at you," he mumbled while stretching up to put the pot on top of the kitchen cabinet. I chuckled and flicked my fingers at the sink to get the excess water off before drying my hands. "They do, you just never hear it. They whine, too, and protest, and ask why, and complain, and glare at the ground. You just have to take it because you know that what you're making them do is for their good," I spoke, lecturing him about parenthood after 6 years of having children together.