Akaashi Keiji (2) Fan

No spoilers.

This was requested by: ImNewHere2 and 

I hope you like it and that I lived up to your expectations. This one is more about inner feelings and thoughts of the narrator than the relationship between the two, but I hope you like it nonetheless. It might be a bit hard to read because it's wordy and rich with descriptions. You'll see what I mean when you read it, though.

Life has its mysterious ways of making things roll around in a perfectly ordered mess. I lived a peaceful yet frightful life for 25 years of my life. I lived ordinarily, doing what I love, with whom I love when I love it. However, I was still in constant fear that this idyllic lifestyle of mine would be over with just a single slip-up. Every moment I had alone, I would fill with work. Otherwise, I would have gotten drowned in the thoughts of all kinds of slip-ups I could have made that day.

However, ever since that one encounter with an ambitious editor who wanted to know just a bit more about my other self, I've been able to find the solace of mind in silence without work for three hours every week.

Every week, I would enjoy the calm amidst the storm that the previous 6 days brought. Sometimes we would read, the other times we would try out different food. Every once in a while, we would go to a fancy restaurant, and once we even went to wine tasting. But it's always on Saturday at 6PM and until 9PM. Never longer, never shorter.

Today, it was his turn to make plans. The only note I received from him regarding tonight is a message that I should wear something formal but comfortable with a cute sequence of Xs and Os. His messages always make me smile. I didn't know people put XOXO at the end of the messages anymore. Usually, it's emojis nowadays.

When the clock struck 6PM sharp, my doorbell rang, and I immediately turned the knob, already having had my hand on it for a minute, waiting for the exact strike of the clock hands to be spread wide open over the dark circular board.

"Good evening," his smooth voice wrapped around me like the light mist that formed out of his mouth as he said those words. I smiled softly and walked out, closing and locking the door after myself quickly and skillfully. "Good evening, Akaashi-san," I breathed out, chuckling as my breath turned into a white cloud of mist that covered my vision. "It's really cold outside," he said and led me towards his car. We got in, and he drove off somewhere, keeping me in suspense on our final destination.

"You'll know when we get there," was his only reply every time I asked about it. The soft melody of Somehow It's Been a Rough Day was fluttering between us, filling out the car and slowly leaving through the barely open window on my side. I always had my window open, no matter what. Otherwise, I feel confined and tied down.

"This is a nice song," I sighed and leaned my head back. Akaashi's head turned to the side for a brief moment as he only stole a glance at me. "Yeah. It's very interesting," he agreed, making me smile.

"It's a perfectly ordered mess." My words earned me another brief glance from Akaashi. He was frowning in confusion for a moment, so I decided to elaborate a bit. "When you listen to it for the first time, it seems pretty harmonic. Unique, but easy to listen to. When you listen to it for the second time, you notice how much of a mess it is. If you think about the music itself, it sounds like a bunch of random notes that were just thrown together. The third time you listen to it, you notice the order in the mess that are those notes. Those jumbled together notes come together to form a seeming harmony you heard the first time listening. That's why I think it's a perfectly ordered mess," I explained and let out another sigh as the song drew to an end.

"Do you always look for a deeper meaning in the things around you? Do you always analyze them?" He asked. My lips pursed as I thought about it. Is it a bad thing?