Kageyama Tobio - P(r)etty Future

No spoilers. Nothing is accidental. Just remember that.

I laughed as the toddler in front of me scrunched his face when I smudged a thick coat of cream on his chubby face. He tried wiggling out of my grasp but I had him trapped between my knees and continued alternating between putting a smudge on my face and on his face. Once we were both thoroughly dotted with the white cream, I let go of him and took his hand to walk to the large mirror on the wardrobe in the bedroom. I sat down and made him sit in front of me.

"Okay, now do this. Remember the last time. First, we pat the nose," I instructed him, showing him on my face how to spread the lotion on his own face. He sloppily mimicked what I did, his face still scrunched up at the odd texture of the baby lotion I made him put on. We were half-way through when we heard the door to the flat open. My baby jumped up immediately, his face still covered in a thick layer of the cream, and ran towards the hallway. "Daddy!" He yelled and I heard some shuffling in the hallway before he let out a squeal when his father picked him up most likely.

"Ew, daddy, you stink!" Upon hearing that, I burst out laughing, still sitting on the ground in front of the mirror. I felt my stomach start to ache as I tried stifling the laughter that was inevitable. There was a grunt from the older man before he responded. "Oi, of course, I smell! I just came from practice!" He protested while walking in the bedroom, our baby still in his arms but the kid had his face turned away. I grinned widely, still chuckling, and stretched my arms out so he could hand me the kid. He did and once I had him securely in my arms, I pushed the man away. "No. Shower first," I said when he tried to give me a kiss. He frowned and continued grumbling but went to shower first nonetheless.

The moment my husband was inside the bathroom, I looked down at the baby in my arms and lifted my hand for a high five. He slapped his hand onto mine excitedly and I grinned, continuing to spread the cream over his face. The boy may be the spitting image of his father but he's still mommy's boy.

Once he was glistening and I was also not covered in the cream, we raced to the double bed with me letting him win, of course. He giggled when I dropped down, too, making him bounce on the bed. I pulled the covers over us and he snuggled into me.

"Are we going to go to the park tomorrow, too, mommy?" He asked me after a few moments of silence, bar the sound of the shower coming from the bathroom. I looked down at him, gently running my fingers over his forehead and brushing the hair out of his face. "Sure. Is it because of that cute girl?" I asked and wiggled my eyebrows at him. He gave me a confused look as he had no clue what I was insinuating. At that moment, the door to the bathroom opened and out walked my husband, wearing his pyjama bottoms. I looked at him, my eyes running over his toned chest and I mentally thanked God for volleyball because this man was freaking gorgeous.

He gave me a small questioning look while making his way over to the bed. He pulled the covered up and got in the bed with us, his dark blue eyes flickering between the two of us. "What's going on?" He asked when he noticed we were both looking at him. I smirked and propped myself up on my elbow, reaching out to him. His cheeks turned a soft pink but he leaned closer, connecting his lips to mine.

"Our little boy has found a girlfriend," I said and looked down at the kid that was playing with the necklace that was hanging from my neck. My husband looked down with his eyebrows frowned. "Already? Shouldn't I meet her first?" He asked rather bluntly. I honestly had no clue if he was being serious. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. Maybe he caught onto my teasing, maybe he hasn't. That was the thrill of being married to Kageyama Tobio. You never really knew where the conversation could lead and when it might stop.

"You can if you want to. Right, baby?" I asked and looked down at our child. The kid looked up at me with obvious question marks in his eyes. Something he clearly got from his father. "Is daddy invited to your wedding?" The kid nodded his head fiercely and wrapped his arms around his father's neck. I watched as the two of them snuggled close, my husband's usually stoic face softening and he found himself smiling very very softly. I wouldn't even be able to pick it up if it weren't for all the time we've been together. He was absolutely incapable of smiling or talking to children without scaring them but when it came to our baby, he was the biggest softy I've ever seen.