Suna Rintarou - A Close Confidante

Hello! I'm not gone, yet!! This was requested by: Newtthygingercat

I'm sorry this took so long, and I hope you like it! 

I was thinking about the upcoming Christmas and what I should give you guys as a present. I had a couple of ideas inspired by some assignments I had in school and here are the ideas I would like you to vote on:

1) Me posting a video of myself narrating/reading one of the chapters from any of my books. [The chapters will be chosen based on your comments, so if you would like me to do this option, please suggest a chapter at the same time.]

2) Me writing a Christmas special for a character that gets the most votes. [The voting for this would be done as follows: Whoever has an idea for a character posts a comment here and the others who would like to see that reply to that comment. Whichever suggestion has the most replies will be covered.]

3) Me writing and reading a Christmas special for you. The character in this special would be determined based on the same principle as in the previous option.

If you have any other suggestions, I am open to them. If you would like to see any of these, don't hesitate to comment, however, if you feel uncomfortable commenting, you can always send me a DM with your choice. I'll be concluding the voting by December 25th, so that I can start the preparations the day after Christmas and hopefully have it done by the 28th. It will be a bit of a late Christmas present, but I would rather have it spectacular and late than lame and on time. 

Anyway, have a lovely holiday season everyone!

---

Secrets were an essential part of life. They give us the thrill of the ever-so-desired adrenaline while doing something seemingly regular. That thrill pushes people to do many things.

I looked up at the ceiling right before entering the court. As always, the guys were laughing among themselves while preparing for the practice. "Oya? Coach (L/N), you're early today!" Komori-san said as cheerfully as ever. I looked at him and nodded my head before turning my attention to the team across the court from us, doing the same thing as my guys. "I had some business nearby earlier," I mumbled and looked over the team, meeting eyes with the "business". He arched an eyebrow at me, arms stretched behind his back. "Oh, cool! Well, we're glad to see you early. The Green Rockets were asking about you, though," Komori's words echoed around me for a second as my head got empty for the brief moment that my eyes held the gaze of my business.

"Really? Oh yeah, it must have been Tsutomu," I said and turned to look at the team, only to see the male at hand already walking towards me. "(L/N)-senpai," he said with a shy smile, making me grin widely. He didn't change at all since high school. "Tsutomu! How are you?" I said and offered him a hand to shake. "Great! I didn't know you went into coaching, senpai. It took me by surprise when I heard the news about you being in EJP," he said, shoulders relaxing ever so slightly. "Yeah, I didn't expect it either, but our beloved Ushijima-senpai has managed to convince me," I said and patted Tsutomu's shoulder. "Well, good luck, Tsutomu. Don't expect us to go easy on you just because we know each other!"

The whole time I was conversing with the guy, I felt a fiery gaze on my back. It wasn't threatening, nor was it disturbing. It was a comforting gaze, yet I could feel the confusion and curiosity behind it.

"Coach, we're starting the warmup," my starter middle blocker said. His voice struck a note in me, making me suddenly snap out of the high school memories. "Yes, yes. You know what to do, Rin..." I said and then paused. I'm pretty sure no one heard it, but the lightning of panic still struck my body. I looked up at the man, only to see him looking directly into my eyes, lips stretched in a taunting grin.