Oikawa Tooru - Beach Day

Ugh, okay, so spoilers for the final arc, of course.

Don't judge me for this one. The only thing I want you to imagine is the God-given combination:

Oikawa + Beach + Volleyball + Cocktails

Everything else is unnecessary.

"Okay, but you should have seen that! It was hilarious!" I said between my laughter while I was standing in front of my two friends who were chilling in the two beach loungers we rented. "We were dancing, and he came to us saying like 'Oh, you should do it like this' and then went," I said and took three steps backwards, swaying my hips to the rhythm I knew very well by now. On the last step, I jutted my hip up high and froze like that. "And, I swear to God, I heard his hip pop out! Instant karma has never been served faster!" I said through laughter and came back to stand in front of the two of them who were laughing loudly with me.

"Watch it!" A voice yelled from the nearby volleyball court, and I turned my head just to see a ball flying towards me. I put my arms in front of me and let the ball bounce off my forearms gently before catching it when it came back down. I looked towards the field only to see a guy running towards me. He was very handsome and fairly tall. His skin was slightly tanned, and he had very soft-looking chocolate brown hair. All in all, he was very pretty.

"Nice dig," he said with a chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck when he came to a halt a few metres away from us. "Thanks. Nice home run. Do you have a place for a few more?" I asked and tossed the ball back. "Yeah, of course," he grinned widely and caught the ball smoothly. "Oh, no. We're not playing. You go have fun. I can't have my nail broken, again," one of my friends said, and the other one just agreed. I rolled my eyes at them and grinned, bending down to scoop up some sand before tossing it at their legs. "Lazy ass," I muttered and then turned back to the guy.

"Do you play volleyball?" He asked as we made our way to the court. "Nah. My sister plays beach volley so she just taught me a few things," I explained and smiled at the people on the court. "I guess you'll be playing with us since we were short for a player," the guy says and then, one by one, everyone introduced themselves. After we exchanged names, they gave me the ball and told me to serve.

"So, what are we playing in?" I asked with a grin and spun the ball on my finger. Everyone looked around confused before they shrugged one by one. "Nothing so far. Have any ideas, (F/N)?" The tall guy whose name I learned is Tooru Oikawa said and raised an eyebrow at me with a small smirk. "Sure. How about the losers have to pay for the drinks?" I offered and, the moment I did, almost all the guys that were playing agreed with loud cheers. I chuckled and waited for the girls to agree, nodding once they did.

"Well, now that it's settled, prepare your wallets!" I taunted with an evil grin before tossing the ball in the air. I hit it with my palm and sent it to the other side effortlessly. They received it, but the wind carried the ball over to our side. The girl that was on the net barely got it and hit it high in the air. I scrunched my face up slightly, but before anyone could react, Tooru was already going for the ball. "Mine," he called lightly and effortlessly. He sounded very reliable. "Give it to me," I called and got ready for a run-up. He set the ball nicely even if it was wobbling right before it came in contact with his fingers and I was able to hit it over the net nicely. The other team grazed it, but they couldn't follow up. I pumped my fist in the air and then jumped to high five Tooru.

The rest of the set went by in a similar fashion. It turned out that Tooru and I worked pretty well together. I'm sure he works well with anyone who is remotely skilled so it wasn't anything unexpected but the other team couldn't recover from our combo. We won and cheered when the last point was scored. I slammed my palms against Tooru's hands, and we hugged briefly in celebration of the last point we scored before turning to the other team. "So... About those drinks," I started with a grin, and the people on my team chuckled. "I just need to get my wallet," one of the guys on the other team said. Others agreed, and we decided to regroup by the bar.