Terushima Yuuji - Research

No spoilers.

My best friend sighed for what seemed to be the hundredth time in the last hour and a half. I watched her with amusement as she tried to hold back the exasperation she felt towards the team she managed. She let herself fall back onto the ground next to me and closed her eyes as if not looking at the loud and chaotic group that was fooling around would make them disappear. I understand why she would be upset or bothered by their behaviour but I was honestly just amused. They were having fun and they weren't half bad so it's just a way for them to love to improve and climb higher. I wanted to be a part of the fun they were having but I'm not really the type to comfortably go around and just yell and dance and jump. I was sarcastic, however, and I did live off of pissing off the current team captain. That was the fun in which I could engage.

"Hey, Terushima!" I called from my place on the ground. My back was leaned against the wall and I had my legs crossed, my uniform skirt splayed over my thighs. The blonde guy turned around, many of his piercings shimmering under the lighting in the gym and gave me a confused look. "Sup, babe?" He asked, making me smirk evilly. He'll never learn that I'll punish him every time he calls me that. It was so annoying when he did it because people are beginning to assume we're dating when in reality, he's just being an idiot. "Bitch," I said flatly and watched as his face turned deadpan. Hana choked and coughed a few times, hitting my arm.

"(L/N)! Watch your language!" She warned me but I heard in her tone that she was actually amused as well. I arched my eyebrow and shrugged at her. "He started it. It's not my fault!" I tried to defend myself. Of course, it was just for the sake of saying something because I didn't feel even a bit guilty about it. "Come on, babe! How long are you going to keep that kind of attitude?" Terushima asked, his smirk widening as he made his way over to us. My gaze turned to him once again and let my grin drop. "As long as you keep calling me babe," I said and watched as his smirk widened. He squatted down in front of us. "But you are a babe! Everyone says that." It was obvious from his tone that he was teasing me. "And you are a bitch. Everyone says that, too," I smugly told him, leaning my head backwards so my smirk seemed much more triumphant. Victory is mine, suckers.

"Lying is bad, babe. Maybe I should spank you to teach you a lesson." His smirk made me falter in my celebration. My smirk fell and I felt my face tingle at just the image that his words have created in my mind. "As if you would ever be able to do that. Spanking for sexual reasons requires attitude and both parties to agree on it," I stated. He knew he took me by surprise and he knew what kind of thoughts were running through my brain because his smirk widened. "You're saying I don't have the attitude, babe?" He challenged, his eyebrow lifting up. I clenched my teeth together as I tried to come up with a way to just shut him up. "No. I'm saying I would break your arm before you even have time to swing," I said and kicked his knee lightly, knocking him over on his ass.

Terushima whined and rubbed his knee even though I knew he wasn't hurt. There was no way that weak-ass kick would hurt him. "You suck, babe," he mumbled with a pout. Okay, he's smart and all but he literally walked into that one. "And you swallow. Now, get lost," I said. Hana snorted and covered her mouth with her hand to cover up the laugh that was bubbling in her. Terushima's eyes widened for a moment before he smirked. He jumped off the ground and leaned over me, his face floating inches away from mine. I could feel his minty breath on my cheeks. "Nah. You swallow, too, babe," he said and quickly pecked my forehead before bouncing away to the rest of his team.

I don't think my face was that hot in my life. That little jerk! I can't believe he did that!

I was left in a stunned silence that would have lasted far longer had Hana not burst out laughing. I turned to glare at her but she was too busy laughing her ass off to notice. "Oh God, you totally deserved that one!" She said through her wheezing. My eyes narrowed and I crossed my arms over my chest. "No, I didn't," I grumbled under my breath. She continued laughing but got off the ground. Her chuckles could be heard even after she disappeared into the storage room to put away the things that the boys didn't need anymore.