Daishou Suguru - Readiness to Devour (Animal!AU)

Right. So, this one is weird and trippy. Just a warning. Whatever you think is true at the beginning, the middle and the end is most likely not true.

Snakes.

Snakes with their long, slim, muscular body, made especially for the specific slithering movement over the ground. I hated snakes. Some people find them adorable, yet no matter how many times I hear the explanation why someone would find them cute, I just can't bring myself to share the same sentiment towards them.

How can something with a set of long and sharp fangs made specifically for penetrating even the hardest of skins be cute? How can something with either a body so strong to choke even the largest predators or bags of poison made for killing in an instant be considered cute?

Humans, even in the earliest of days, found the snakes wicked creatures. There is a reason behind snake even in the Bible representing the worst of the worst, evil, the class 1 demon, temptation. Not only in the bible, most of the folklore includes stories of snakes representing evil temptresses that push people into sinful behaviour. How can something with such deep negative lore be considered cute?

For someone who studied literature as I did, not only for the sake of enjoyment but also to understand the depth and origin of all the human behaviour, snakes were, and always will be, the representation of evil. The earliest humans saw them as such. There had to have been a reason for it.

So why, of all people, did I have to end up in such a situation?

Deep in my thoughts, my feet padded rhythmically against the dirt as I jogged through the forest. The soft breeze of the early morning air was licking my exposed arms, creating a wave of goosebumps over my skin. Carefully observing my trail, I continued to jump over the rocks and logs that would occasionally cross my path.

I came to a quick halt when something fell onto the track a few feet in front of me. Startled and worried, I let out a huff and frowned, examining the bundle that fell from the sky from a safe distance. In no time, the bundle moved, and a pair of yellow eyes fixed on me, making my breath hitch. "What the hell?" I mumbled as the creature that fell, the long green and yellow snake, slowly untangled itself and slithered towards me. With a heavy gulp, I took a step away, careful not to make it feel threatened.

Despite my defensive and passive response, the snake continued advancing towards me, eyes still entirely fixed on mine. My breathing shallowed, and panic overcame me. My legs moved on their own, preparing to bolt in the other direction. Just as I made a move to turn around and run, the snake propelled itself forward, its sharp teeth sinking into my skin. With a yelp, I stumbled and fell on my back, groaning at the stinging pain in my ankle.

Thinking about all the possible things I should do like tying my leg above the bite or cutting my skin so the blood poured out along with the poison, my hands moved to grip my shirt. However, I never got to even take it off. My vision blurred, the ground shook and spun, and I fell back. My head turned to the side and, as my vision slowly darkened, all I could see was a pair of yellow eyes staring at me.

That was it. Biblical evil was my demise.

Those were the last thoughts that ran through my mind before I plunged into endless darkness.

I don't know for how long was I out. I know that when I woke up, I had no clue where I was. Instead of the green forest I was knocked out in, I woke up in a dark room. The walls were made out of black glassy stone I could only describe as obsidian-like and there were no windows. I wasn't tied up, and there were no bars that would represent any sort of imprisonment.

Blinking my hazy state of mind away, I got off the ground, groaning as my joints slowly popped back into activity. Opening the single door on the wall, I gasped as a humongous hallway appeared in front of me. Walking down the hallway, I wondered what the hell happened to me. Was I imagining all of this?