Haiba Lev - Exhibitionist (Animal!AU)

This one is super weird XD 

No spoilers, but if you've read the manga, it would make this one just a tad bit more enjoyable.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you. Look, food!" I called out to a cat in a dark alleyway between two buildings. The cat's piercing green eyes looked at me curiously, its head tilted to a side as if my offering confused it. "Come on, pretty kitty. It's alright, I just want to pet you. Look how cute you are. And your fur is so pretty. It looks soft. I just want to touch it once," I kept talking as if I could coax the cat into letting me rub my hands all over it.

"Come on," I said with a warm smile and shook the bag in my hands. "It's delicious, I promise." The cat's nose twitched, and then it took a hesitant step towards me. "That's it, come to mama. You're so pretty, aren't you?" I kept calling as it took slow and careful steps towards me. I slowly poured some food on the ground in front of me and waited, my arms crossed over my knees as I squatted down in front of the most beautiful cat I've ever seen.

The first crunch of the food against the cat's teeth filled me with indescribable delight. "That's it. I told you it's tasty. Eat up," I spoke and poured some more food out. The cat slowly ate it while I watched. Once it ate the food I poured on the ground, I put a chunk in my hand and reached forward. "Come on. Just a bit more. I cleaned my hands, I promise." My words must have gotten lost in the wind before even reaching the cat, but I continued talking. The cat's raspy tongue touched my palm as it hungrily lapped up the food, and I grinned wider. "Pretty kitty, that's it. You were hungry, right? I bought this just for you," I whispered and then slowly, very slowly, reached out to pet the cat.

The moment my palm touched the ice grey fur, the cat pushed its head up and against my palm. My heart fluttered, and I cooed, rubbing the cat's head with my fingers. "So soft and fluffy!" I whispered and continued petting the beautiful cat. After a moment, the gorgeous thing had me wrapped around its paws. I was scratching the cat behind the ears, and over the stomach, and under the neck, and down its back. The cute little being was receiving undivided affection from me.

"I want to bring you home so you don't have to scavenge for food or shelter." The moment I said that, the cat's incredibly green eyes flickered up to my face. I thought it understood me and got scared all of a sudden, but my palm was once again filled with the furry head of the animal. "You would like that, too. Wouldn't you?" My question caught the attention of the cat, and I had to grin at that.

"Alright, let's go then. Hop in," I said while taking my backpack off. I opened it and patted the inside of it. "Come on, I have to carry you somehow," I insisted and gently nudged the cat into the bag. I would have expected it to protest, but that didn't happen. A soft meow was heard, and I was able to zip the bag half-way and put the straps over my shoulders. The cat's head bounced up out of the bag when I got off the ground, and I chuckled, patting it gently.

"Don't worry. It will be a smooth ride. As long as you don't give me kisses," I said and moved my head away from the cat so it wouldn't lick my face. I need to wash it first.

My walk home was smooth. The bag bounced on my chest and stomach with every step I made, and I would occasionally rub the cat's head. Once home, I grinned widely and opened the bag. "Alright, Kitty, Mitty, meet your new friend. I haven't named..." I paused and picked up the cat to check the gender. "Him yet. Looks like one of you will be getting a boyfriend!" I said excitedly and walked into my bathroom to place the cat into the tub. My two cats, Mitty and Kitty, followed after with curiosity and intrigue within their eyes.

"Right, so, first, a bath!" I said and pulled the food out of my bag to give to the new cat so he would calm down before I douse him in water. He looks like an expensive and a well-groomed cat, but he's still a Russian Blue. Russian Blues are not always the most cooperative.