Remus-Comfort and Protect (Everleigh Potter)

(A/N: whilst proof reading I realised that whenever I read or write a Remus story from when they went to Hogwarts, I always invision David Thewlis instead of the shy and nerdy teen Remus is described as in fanfics. Is that just me or is it anyone else?)

I walked down to the black lake knowing something bad was about to happen. Once again my older brother and his friends were planning some sort of stupid prank on Severus Snape. How I'm related to the James is beyond me but I am. It's not like my brother was horrible, he was just a bit of a bully.

"Hey Eve" Remus greeted, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and kissing my head

"Hi Remus. What's he planning to do this time?" I asked

"Honestly even I don't know. James always has some sort of prank for Snape"

"Yeah, some sort of stupid prank that you allow them to get away with because you're a prefect"

I nudged his ribs with my elbow and used my thumb to trace a few of the scars that sat on his face as we both sat on the ground, looking over the lake. He whinced as the pad of my thumb ran over the tender part of a scar

"I'm sorry" I said as I brought my hand away from his face. He smiled and took my hand in his and placed it back onto his cheek. He never allowed people to trace his scars usually not even me.

"Only you love" he whispered and placed a kiss onto my lips. I smiled into the kiss, only to be pushed back by a spell

"Remus, Everleigh. I don't care how much you both mean to me ok, if you want to swap spit then FIND A ROOM!" James said, raising his voice at the end and sitting in the middle of us so we were separated

"Honestly James. You're just like dad" I said and punched his arm

"Well according to dad he had girls falling for him constantly while he was at Hogwarts"

"That sounds more like Sirius when you think about it" Lily said as she, Marlene, Alice and Sirius joined us.

"Why thank you Lily for that compliment" Sirius chuckled with a smirk

"You're supposed to compliment me, not him" James pouted, hugging Lily close. I stood and moved next to Remus so that Marlene could sit next to Sirius

"Can you believe it" Marlene sighed as we all looked at the sun setting slowly. "This is our last year at Hogwarts"

"It's not mine." I scoffed, "I still have another two years left"

"You'll survive" Peter reassured, "we all did"

"Barely" Remus added and kissed the side of my head

~
"Everleigh, did you hear?" Sirius asked, rushing into mine and Remus' house.

He walked into the living room to find Remus and I cuddled up on the couch. I was crying lightly. Of course I had heard that my nephew, my brother and my sister-in-law were being targeted by The Dark Lord. They are family after all

"Why him? Why does the Dark Lord want to kill a baby. The kid isn't even a year old yet" I muttered, questions filling my mind and taking control

"That's a question you'll have to ask Dumbledore" Sirius said, joining the two of us on the couch. There weren't many words spoken after this. The only noise being made by me sniffling.

"W-We have to help them somehow" I said, breaking the silence

"Eve, I think we should leave that to Dumbledore. He knows what he's doing" Remus reassured. I nodded into his chest but couldn't shake the feeling that Dumbledore didn't really know what he was doing, but I also trust Remus way too much.

"Remus is right Everleigh. We just need to leave it for Dumbledore to sort and the order will be there to protect James, Lily and Harry as well as we can"

"But what if the dark lord strikes before we can get them to safety or some turns on us all and ends up working with the dark lord or-"

"Love, they are just scenarios that are very unlikely to happen."

"But they still could happen"

Remus hugged me tighter and nuzzled his head against mine as I cried. I couldn't lose my brother, my sister-in-law or my nephew. Not without putting up a fight.

~

"Is he safe? Well fed? Protected" I asked the second I turned back into my human form and faced Remus.

"See for yourself. You are the butterfly after all. It wouldn't be weird if you flew around the great hall"

"I might get hexed" I pointed out, raising my eyes

"You could flutter around me. I'll protect you" He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me deeply with a smile.

"Just answer my question Remus" I said, pulling away.

"Yes he's safe, well fed and definitely protected. Just look at all the dementors hanging around the castle. There is no way Sirius is getting in here"

"I still can't believe he killed twelve muggles and killed Peter. You guys always seemed so close"

"Times change my love. Times change"

I melted into his arms at the nickname and hugged him tightly. He hugged back and kissed me on the cheek as we both tightened the hug. I looked up at him and stood on my tiptoes to place a kiss onto his lips. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I placed a hand on his cheek, pulling him deeper into the kiss. We pulled away quickly when we heard children talking outside of the door.

"I love you" He whispered. I traced his scars with my thumb

"I love you too" I whispered back

"You want to see if he's safe?" Remus asked. I nodded immediately and he pointed at the door. "I have his class now. Watch as I teach him and his friends about boggarts"

I smiled before turning into my butterfly form and flying onto the top of the wardrobe that was perched in the middle of the class. I watched as students began to enter and Remus began teaching. My eyes flickered between my nephew who was an exact replica of my brother and my amazing husband who seemed very professional while he was teaching. Something I definitely was going to tease him with later. Sorry not sorry