Prologue part 5: Hindered but still loved

Qrow P.o.V:

It has been 3 days since we took Y/n to the hospital after Y/n's old family tried to take him away. Fucking piece of Craps how dare they tried to take Y/n back. After all the shit they did to him,I'm going to make those asshole are put behind bars. For right now Y/n has going a bit of surgery for the burns. Me and the others were waiting anxiously to see if he will be okay.

Soon the top light turns off and the doctor and nurses walk out of room. We stand up and walk over to doctors.

Summer: "How is he, is he okay?"

Doctor: "We have the good news...and bad news."

We look at each other concerned than we look at the doctors.

Tai: "What's the good news?"

Doctor: "The good news is the surgery was successful , Y/n Branwen will be able to leave tomorrow morning."

We sigh with a bit of relief but I looked a bit worried and I needed to now what was the bad news.

"And the bad.."

The doctor sighs and take off his glasses, he wipes his lens and puts his glasses back on.

Doctor: "The bad news is that the flames were severe on his eyes...it has damaged to many  nerves in the eyes."

Summer: *eyes widen in horror* "No you don't mean.."

Doctor: "I'm sorry...Your son is blind..."

Tai P.o.V:

Summer hugs me tightly and cries over my shoulder. I rub her back, I couldn't help but feel guilty for Y/n, I promised him  that I would protect him and I failed to keep him safe. I knew every felt the same way. Ruby and Yang hugged each others tear running down t.heir face

Soon one of the nurses came out Y/n's room

Nurse: "Excuse me, the patient is asking for his family.."

The doctor stands to the side and we slowly walk inside to Y/n's room. We look over to see Y/n sitting on the bed. His eyes were covered in bandages. And his arm were wrapped in bandages.

Ruby runs over and hugs her brother crying in arms

Ruby: *crying* "I'm sorry."

You gently put you hand on Ruby's hair and pets her.

Y/n:*concerned* "Ruby is that you...please don't cry.."

Y/n pulls his sister into a hug and gently rubs her back in order to comfort her.

Summer, Tai, Qrow and Yang sit next to Y/n looking ashamed at themselves.

Y/n: "Ruby where is everyone else?"

Qrow: "We..are right next to you kid.."

Y/n: *concerned* "Oh...Are all of you alright.."

This surprised us he was more worried about us them himself.

Summer: *sad tone* "We are alright Y/n...how about you?"

Y/n: *is surprisingly calm* "Well other than not being able to see I'm okay.."

"Y/n listen, we are so sorry...you have the right to hate us and we deserve it.."

We all braced ourselves for Y/n to begin to yell at us and swear at us but what Y/n says next surprises us

Y/n: "Why would I hate you guys?"

We look up surprised.

Yang: "A-aren't you mad at us....we broke our promise we couldn't protect you..you're blind because we couldn't  protect you, we-"

Y/n raises his hand to tell Yang to stop.

Y/n: "That's where you are wrong Yang..."

Yang: "Huh?"

Y/n: "You all protected me to the best of your ability. If it wasn't for you all I wouldn't be in hear in this hospital talking with you all right now."

Summer: "But you can't see now...and you won't be able to be a huntsman."

Y/n: "Yes I can't see but that was not your fault...I'm blind because of  those assholes not because of you all. So don't blame yourselves for my condition. You guys given me love and kindness something that those demons never showed me.I love you all." You give a comforting smile.

Tears ran down our face, we give our little pupa tight group hug he rest his head on our shoulders. In all of our years we have never met a kind soul like Y/n. Even in his blind condition he still able to love us and see us as family.

All of us: "We love you too Y/n."

We let go him from our embrace, he looks up.

Y/n: "I'm still going to be a huntsman even if I am blind now. Knowing my old family...they would think I'm useless because I'm powerless right now. But sadly for them..there is a difference between useless and powerless..."

Qrow: "Huh what are do you mean.."

Y/n: "To be useless means that you have no use for the world.. but to be powerless means I have no powers but that doesn't mean you have no purpose. I may not be able to see but I can still move, I can still smell, I can still feel and touch. I will be a huntsman sight or no sight."

We smile proudly at Y/n's view of life. Even when he can't see anything he is still not broken. I couldn't be more proud of our pup.