Chapter 18: The Calm before the Storm

In the Beacon Academy cafeteria, Team RWBY are sitting together as Blake looks over some notes. Yang then slides up next to her partners.

Yang: "What'cha doing?"

Blake: "Nothing." *Blake closes her book* "Just going over notes from last semester.

Yang catches a grape in her mouth.

Yang: "Lame."

Nora giggles as she continues to toss grapes at Yang with her spoon. Yang catches the fruit with ease, giving Nora the thumbs up. Ruby, giving an enormous heave, slams a binder onto the table, catching everyone off guard. On the cover of the binder is written "Vytal Festival Activities, Property of Weiss Schnee". This has been hastily crossed out with a red marker pen, and with the same pen, a new title, "Best Day Ever Activities", has been written underneath.

Ruby: *clearing her throat. She gestures to everyone at the table.* "Sisters... friends... Weiss."

Weiss: *offscreen* "Hey!"

Ruby: "Four scores and seven minutes ago, I had a dream."

Yang: "This ought to be good." *she catches another grape in her mouth.*

Tifa: *takes a seat next to Ruby* "Was it that one day Cardin will take a shower?"

The entire table begins to laugh from Tifa's joke as Serena and Anna took a seat.

Ruby: "That's just a fact. No A dream that one day, the four of us will come together, as a team, and have the most face anyone has ever had.... ever!"

Weiss: "Did you steal my binder?"

Ruby: *Ruby makes 'peace' signs with both hands* "I am not a crook."

Blake: "What are you talking about?"

Ruby: "I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!" *She points her finger at Blake*

Yang: "I always kick my semblance off with a Yang! Eh? Guys? Am I right?"

An apple is tossed at Yang and hits her in the face. She glares at Nora.

Nora: *offscreen* "Boooooooooooooo!"

Ruby: "Look guys, it's been a good two weeks and between exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But, classes start back up tomorrow! Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today."

Weiss: "I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store."

Yang, still glaring, picks up an apple and tosses it across the room. Offscreen, an unfamiliar voice shouts "Hey!" and Nora can be heard giggling.

Anna: "I don't know. I think I might sit this one out."

Weiss: "Sit out or not, I think that however we spend this last day, we should do it with Y/n and as a team!"

Nora: *offscreen, shouting positively* "I got it!"

Weiss: "I for one think that...." *Weiss is interrupted by a pie landing on her face*

Nora is shown to be the one who threw the pie, she sits down and points at Rin who has her head in her palm. Pyrrha's hand is over her mouth and Jane simply sits staring wide-eyed while covering her ears with her palms.

 Pyrrha's hand is over her mouth and Jane simply sits staring wide-eyed while covering her ears with her palms