Chapter 44: Never Leaving A Cousin's side

Kaito slowly wakes up from his unconscious state and looks around to see himself in a hospital bed. He looks at his body to see himself wrapped in bandages.

Kaito: "I'm alive..."

Y/n: "Yeah." *Kaito turns his head to see Y/n sitting in a chair next to Kaito with calm tone.* "Hey."

Kaito: "....How long have I been out?"

Y/n: "A couple days now...your friends are coming soon." 

Kaito: "..I have no friends.."

Y/n: *takes out his flask and takes a swig* "Don't give me crap... Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald are your friends."

Kaito: ".....No I just u-"

Y/n: "STOP LYING TO YOURSELF KAITO!" *Kaito grows silent* "You care about those three, and didn't want them to get hurt in our battle which is why you told them to stay out of it!"

Kaito: "H-how?!"

Y/n: "I have pretty good ears." *His Faunus ears twitches*

Kaito: "......You don't know anything."

Y/n: "Do I? I maybe blind but I don't need my aura vision to see you're lying."

Kaito: *glares* "What the hell do you want from me?!"

Y/n: *sighs* "I just want to help you Kaito."

Kaito: "I DON'T NEED YOUR DAMN PITY! YOU COULDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IT'S LIKE TO BE ALONE? YOU BEEN GIVEN EVERYTHING IN YOUR OWN FUCKING LIFE."

The two glare at each other in silence. Y/n takes off his googles and just stares at Kaito.

Y/n: "Read my memories and say that to my fucking face again!"

Kaito: "FINE!"

Kaito uses his telepathic semblance to enter Y/n's mind. But when he does.....his face turns from rage to shock and horror. He saw everything in Y/n's past.... Y/n's mother's death...his abuse and neglect. He begins to shake uncontrollably.

(Begin Music)

Y/n: "You saw it didn't you...my childhood.."

Kaito: "Y-you suffered like me...and lost...your mother.."

Y/n: *somber tone* "Yes... I know what it's like...how the pain never goes away..."

Kaito: "B-but...how you are still standing..how.."

Y/n: "Because.. I have people who love me...and helped me heal.. They never left my side.. because they care about me.. just like how I care about you.."

Kaito: "....No one cares about me..." Kaito clenches his fist in anger until Y/n pulls his cousin to a tight hug.

Y/n: "That's not true...I care... you may not think of it.. but don't you remember that day we first met.. When I entered that berserk state... you were the one who stopped me from going to far into that rage. I owe you for that."

Kaito: "How do I know you're not going to just use me and stab me in the back?"

Y/n: "Because that's not who I am... I won't abandon my family members..' *Kaito looks up at Y/n with shock as he continues and releases from his embrace* "While I was in that light...I met my birth mother in there...and she told me that you and I are cousins.."