Chapter 40: Round two: Close Range Vs Musical Rainbows

(F/I)AST and Team RWBY continue to watch the tournament. The four people that are fighting are Penny and her partner and Sky Lark and Dove Bronzewing. Penny throws multiple swords at both of them, trapping them behind rocks. Penny lifts up the rocks, as two of them hang on their lives. She smashes the two rocks to the ground knocking out both opponents. The buzzer sounds signaling the end of the match.

Oobleck: *over the intercom* "And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas."

Penny: "Thank you for a wonderful time."

Watching from the stands, Ruby Rose sees them start to walk away and excitedly get up from her seat with the rest of her team to meet them of the exits. Team (F/I)AST also joining them.

Ruby: *catching up and spreading her arms as she calls out* "PENNY!"

Penny: "RUBY!" *Penny lifting up her own arms, she tackles her friend into hug that leaves them both of the ground*

Ruby: *grunts, then groans weakly* "Why...."

Penny gets up as Y/n helps his sister up.

Y/n: "Still as energetic as ever aye Penny."

Penny: "Salutations Y/n!" *hugs Y/n, smiling happily before letting go allowing Y/n to breathe. She then gestures to the other girl behind them* "Ruby, Y/n this is my teammate. "

Ciel: "Ciel Soleli." *bows formally*

Ruby: "Hi! I'm Ru-"

Ciel: "Ruby Rose, 15. Hails from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY, status questionable."

Y/n: *blinks before moving his close to Ruby whispering* "are you sure Penny is the robot?"

Ruby: *whispers back* "Yeah why?"

Y/n: *looks at Ciel with Aura vision and whispers back* "No reason."

Ciel: "Y/n Branwen,16, Hails from Patch. Leader of Team (F/I).AST. Status: dangerous."

Ruby: "Sooo... Penny!" *turning backto her friend* "Youtwo were incredible out there. How do you keep control all those swords? It's so cool!"

Y/n: *thinking* 'The swords...did give me a new idea for a technique...'

Ciel: "Penny?" *looks at her watch and gestures at it* "I believe it is best if we move on to our location."

Penny: *exchange a look with Ruby before asking Ciel* "Could we have just a minute to talk?"

In response, Ciel checks the time, then takes a step back and nods, starting the countdown.

Ruby: "So is she.... your friend or..."

Penny: "Well in a way She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you."

Y/n: "Oh. so, Weiss....if she was a robot."

Penny: "Um..I guess."

Ruby: *lowering her voice* "Does she know about... y'know... beep boop bop does not compute?" *mover her body abruptly as if imitating a robot, leaving her arm to hang with a noticeable squeaking sound."

Penny: *shaking her head* "Oh no. General Ironwood doesn't really want anyone to know. There was an incident with a magnet, but we were able to play it off."

Flashback to the Vytal Festival grounds with Ciel, and Penny who's wearing a large sun hat. The wind picks up and lifts the hat from her hair revealing the aforementioned on her skull, and Penny quickly shoves the headgear back on before Ciel turns back around. The story causes Ruby and Penny to laugh about it in the present for several seconds.