Chapter 38: Team (F/I).AST: Round 1

Ruby: "GO GET EM TEAM (F/I).AST!!"

Team RWBY cheering in the stands , visitors from all over the world. In the field of volcanic earth and Icy glaciers. Y/n's firing off a barrage of concussion blast from fist at an off screen target as Anna exchanges blow with Reese Chloris, the blade of Nightshroud colliding with the hoverboard of her opponent until she flips away, readies herself and charges in again. Behind Serena focusing her semblance as the sound of her telepathic power is heard, and Finally Tifa Lockhart dodging the explosive force of Arslan Atlan's first before returning fire with her own Premium Heart.

Hight above the action, two familiar teacher are siting at a sportscaster deck, with a microphone between them and holographic image of the four kingdoms' symbol united as one.

Port: "Hello! It seems we have another bout ahead of us!" Wouldn't you agree, Professor?"

Oobleck: *annoyed* "Doctor.* *brightens up exited again* "And yes, Peter, I think it's safe to say this match may be the we've seen of the four on four round of the tournament!"

Port: "For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament, broadcast live from the Amity Colosseum! *we waves his arm to gesture at the entire event from his place on the gigantic screen over the crowds* 

The Coliseum is shown in it's full glory, as shuttle craft transport people to and from the various floors while the entire structure hover around the airspace of Beacon Academy. Explosion seen throughout the battlefield, but the view shifts back to the announcers as they begin speaking again.

Port: "If this is your first time watching, allow us to break down the rules."

Oobleck: *he holds up the appropriate number of fingers for each of his explanations as a hologram to his side illustrates the rules* "The tournament is divided into three distinctive rounds; teams, double, and singles. Age and school year are irrelevant! In this tournament, your only attribute being tested.. is skill."

Port: "Correct! The winners of this battle will elect two of their members to represent them in the doubles, round followed by the winners of that round choosing on member to advance once again. The remaining combatants will then fight their way through the final bracket in the hope of achieving victory or their kingdom! *the hologram disappears with the image of a victorious figure, sword raised and wearing a crown.*

Oobleck: *pushes up his own spectacles as he says this* "And yes Peter, these certainly are some spectacular spectacles on which to spectate on! I don't think anyone tuning around the world is going to to disagree with me on that! *as they say this, the scene changes to their televised broadcasts all round the kingdoms, from a row of holographs above the patrons in the Mistral Distillery to an Atlas home with a group of friends seeing it together, a bar in Vale where everyone turns to view the screen, and outside a mobile home in Vacuo being watched by a few Faunus on a projection* 

The announcement cut back to the action, Reese steers he board through ice. She twirls herself until the board get launched by Anna, but she's able to knock it away, only for Reese to direct it back at her Opponent. Anna blocks it again, but the board rotates back of it's wielder just in time to defend Reese as Anna spins her weapon around until she can flip away and ride it away, rushing towards a smirking Anna. She collides with the illusion which is revealed to be a ice block, and Anna uses her opportunity to slice the board in two, only for the halves to become dual katars that in turn fold up that into baynet-blade revolvers. Reese manages to fire off a few rounds before her tailbone collides painfully on the cold ground. Anna winces with sympathy.