The Scars

February 24, 2013
London, England

I suddenly feel a hand moving my hair out of my face, attempting to wake me up. I stir slightly and slowly open my eyes just to be met with another pair of green ones. Harry sees I'm awake and smiles, showing off his dimples.

"Good morning love!" He chirped. How he can be so happy in the morning is something I still can't figure out, even after 14 years. I groan and nuzzle my face in the pillow. "It's too early Harry what the hell" I complain. He chuckled and roll me over so he can see my face. "It's only 9:30, I have soundcheck in an hour and wanted to know if you'd come with me" He smiled sweetly and I couldn't help but smile back.

"I'm only getting up because I happen to love you too much and you asked nicely" I said trying to act annoyed but in reality was excited to see the boys perform fully and not from a TV backstage.

"Don't worry, I'll take you to get lunch after" I smiled and kissed him on the cheek as I got up to get ready. I grabbed my black jeans and a cropped, pink sweater to wear. I changed and put light make up as I didn't really need much. I lifted my shirt slightly to put my belt on when I saw it.

The multiple scars from a year ago all over my stomach still do sometimes bother me.

Harry goes into the bathroom to brush his teeth, when he sees me looking at myself in the mirror. He comes behind me and looks at me through the mirror. He wraps his arms around me and rubs his thumbs on my scars. I smile lightly at the gesture.

"He can't hurt you anymore love, I promise. I won't let him touch you again" He kissed my hair and brought me into a tight hug.

About a year ago I was in a relationship that lasted a year and a couple months. His name was Justin and I really did think he was the one. He was what you would call the perfect boyfriend at first. Of course, I was only 16 and didn't know any better. For the first few months he was sweet. He would keep me company when Harry wasn't here and I loved that. He would take me on dates and give me gifts.

It was after about 7 months where it all started. He started getting impatient at first. I didn't think much of it because he wouldn't be like that everyday, he just had his moments. Then his impatience turned into not talking to me for many days at a time and just ignoring me. It upset me, of course it did, but when he would talk to me, he was sweet.

Harry didn't really like Justin from the beginning but didn't stop me from being with him because he thought it was my choice as long as he never hurt me. It was until Harry found out how cold Justin was being that he didn't approve but I didn't listen.

Justin then started getting rough with me. It was little things like gripping my wrist tightly when he got mad. That turned into slapping my cheek and occasional kicks to the stomach.

It got worse and worse everyday. Once a week turned into everyday abuse. I wanted to leave him but he threatened me multiple times to hurt my friends and family.

It wasn't until I showed up to Harry's London house while he was on a break, shirt covered in blood from where Justin stabbed me on my stomach. That's where the scars came from.

Harry tried getting me to the hospital that night but I refused to go anywhere that wasn't his house. The cuts weren't very deep, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt like a bitch. He easily stitched me up and held me as I cried.

Harry had no idea this was a constant occurrence during my relationship as he was almost never here and when he was, I did a good job of hiding my bruises and cuts. The night Harry opened the door to me all bloody, he found out that this wasn't the first time he hurt me. Harry blamed himself for not being there when I needed him, but I never blamed him, not once.