Wochenmarkt

May 11, 2013
Berlin, Germany

"Yeah mum it's a really great opportunity. I'll tell you more details later ok? I gotta go. Love you!" I say through the phone. My mum murmurs a goodbye back and I hang up. After the meeting I had this morning with Julian, I told my mom about the job offer and how I accepted it. She was ecstatic and said my dad would be so proud. She wasn't fazed at the fact I wouldn't be able to see them as often as I could because she thought this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Julian walked me through everything I need to know. He got access to my certification and saw there was no need to renew it yet. I signed all the contracts I needed to. I'm signed for a year contract for now, he said I can renew it if I'm ok after the year. The contract states that I work under his supervision but I can also work with other song writers and producers. Julian is a very laid back man and gives me freedom, which I like.

The meeting finished around noon and I met back with everyone. Tonight before the concert, El and Cara go back home since they have Uni. I was gonna go back with them but since I now work with Julian, I'm staying until they have a break. The day after we finished up Story Of My Life, Zayn and Niall recorded their parts. They were equally excited about the song as they were when they found out I would be a co-producer and writer. I loved having the reassurance that I'm wanted around.

"Hey guys" I skip into Niall's room where everyone seems to be. Cara is cuddled up against him on the loveseat, him caressing her arm softly. I smile at the two and look at the rest of them. Louis and Liam are playing a intense game of Fifa. Eleanor is watching in amusement at the two. Harry sits on the couch on his phone, focusing on something intently. I sit myself beside him and nudge his side. He look up from his phone and locks it when he notices it's me.

"Hey love, how was the meeting?" He smiles lightly, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. At the corner of my eye, I see Cara looking at us with a smile. I know what's going through her mind. I'll never hear the end of this. "It was good, simple really. Julian is pretty chill if I'm honest" At this point everyone is intrigued at the conversation. They boys say words in agreement to the last comment.
"Yeah, I'm sure he won't make you work too hard" Liam says in reassurance. I smile at him gratefully.

"Do you wanna go out? These people are boring" Harry rolls his eyes, saying the last part louder for everyone to hear. They all flip him off simultaneously, making me laugh loudly. I agree to going out and we make our way to the lobby. Being that no one is out right now, we leave the hotel with ease, no fans crowding around us. Harry never told me where we are even going, he just gestures me into the rental car, and drives off.

Berlin was beautiful. The building we passed were both old and new. Structures were carefully built alongside the roads. Colors combined with each other. Roads were smooth and gentle when you drove. Not once did a bump in the street come up while we cruised down the city. On the way to wherever we were going, we passed by the Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral). The structure was clearly ancient but sturdy nonetheless. The three turquoise colored domes topping the cathedral, making it look heavenly.

After a short five minute drive, we arrive to what seems to be a farmers market. We pass a gate to get to the parking lot that read 'Wochenmarkt'. The market doesn't seem to be as busy as you would think. Barely any cars are parked as we go through the lot. Opening my door, Harry hold out his hand to help me down. As we walk to the entrance, I notice many different stands. Food stands from different cultures make a mixed aroma in the place. Bouquet stands giving a colorful accent to the white tables they set them on. Craftsman selling a variety of jewelry, keychains, artwork, etc.

We walk around, our eyes scanning the scenery. Harry takes the lead when he sees a stand of blended juices. I smile at his excitement at the sight of the smoothies and comply when he offers to buy me one. He orders himself a pineapple kiwi one and a mango strawberry for me. Trying it, I hum in approval as the liquid slides down my throat.