How Have You Been

February 28, 2013
Cardiff, Wales

I've been walking around Cardiff with Harry, being that he had a day off. He wanted to take me out even though I protested, knowing he needed the rest. He said he hasn't had proper quality time with me and wanted to walk around the tourist attractions.

"So what exactly are we doing today?" I asked, kicking the small pebbles under my feet. Harry never tells me what we do but I hope he tells me at least something. "That's, Ms. Summers, is a surprise. So stop being impatient and just go with it yeah?" I groan, throwing my head back in frustration.

We've been walking for god knows how long until we finally arrived. In front of our eyes was a beautiful body of water, with gorgeous buildings surrounding the bay. The Cardiff Bay was pretty famous to explore, seeing different stores and just shop around with tour family and friends.

I turn around and see Harry taking pictures of me. My eyes go wide and I cover my face up. "Harry what are you doing! stop!" I exclaim. I hate getting my picture taken off guard. "Oh com on love, you look good. Smile!" He laughs as I groan. I roll my eyes and just take in the view. Harry finally stops taking pictures and comes next to me.

"Hey Em?" Harry says suddenly after the few moments if silence. I hum and look to the side to make sure he knows he has my full attention. "How have you been?" I go to answer him but he continues. "Like how have you really been?" I bite my lip a little before answering.

"Honestly? I feel a little lonely" It's true, I have been feeling lonely these months. I know I saw Harry during the holidays but that was only a couple days. He's been in LA or promoting his new album and tour before then. All my friends are either traveling or in Uni, so they can't hang out or anything. I still live with my parents and I'm on a gap year. So to say I feel lonely is an understatement. I know it's not Harry's fault. He always makes sure to check on me and call me often when he's free. I won't ever hold it against him, it's his passion.

"I'm sorry Em, I really am. I'm never there for you when you need me the most and it honestly sucks. Leaving you sucks" He sighs. It hurts me to know that he thinks he's intentionally hurting me by leaving. "Harry honey, it's not your fault. I'm so proud of you and what you've accomplished. A couple months away won't change that. Yeah it does suck being away from you but that just makes the reunion even more special right?" I smile and nudge his side, cracking a smile out of him.

"Every reunion is special with you love" He winks at me smugly. I roll my eyes playfully and blush, looking back at the view.

After about two more hours of walking around, we go back to the hotel. The girls had texted me about having a girls night in. I go straight to Perrie's room for our girls night. We wanted to watch chick flicks and eat food 'til we pass out. We chose our all time favorite, Love Actually and cried our eyes out.

"Now important subject, what are you doing for your birthday? It's in 3 days" Eleanor asks. I honestly forgot my birthday was so soon and didn't even think of what I wanted to do. "Oh my god true! The baby is gonna be 19!" Perrie pinches my cheeks. I slap her hand, scowling at her. I'm the youngest out of all both boys and girls, so they all call me the baby of the group.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do. I mean we're gonna be in Dublin for the boys' tour right? There isn't much I can do" I shrug my shoulders. The girls look at each other then scoff. "You are definitely doing something big, They boys have that day and the next day off, so we are gonna party hard" Danielle smiles. The girls all agree and I smile shaking my head. These girls are gonna be the death of me.