Writing Session

February 27, 2013

I woke up early this morning to the sound of a guitar playing. I roll over in the bed and see Harry sitting at the bay window, strumming a simple tune. I sit up in bed, rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes, and walk over to where he is.

"Since when can you play?" I startle him. He flinches at my sudden voice and I laugh at his face. "Jesus Em don't do that" He chuckles softly. I motion him to scoot over so I can sit next to him. I hold my hand out for him to pass me the guitar He looks at me with raised eyebrows, but obliges. I start strumming the tune of Little Things. I've learned how to play the guitar over some time now, no one knew of course. My dad has some old acoustic guitars back at home so I would always practice on my own. Not even Harry knew about this small talent.

"And since when can you play!" He questions in awe, his voice sounding more high pitched. I laugh at his shocked expression and out down the guitar. "I guess your not the only musically talented between the two of us. I even know how to play the piano" I wink at him. He just looks at me with his mouth wide open.

"Niall has been teaching me how to play when we have free time. I didn't only want to be singing and since I've started writing more, I decided to learn to play" He says, answering my previous question. I nod to tell him I heard him. I continue strumming random chords and he listens to me silently.

"You should come write with us tonight. It's all of our turns with Julian in Liam's room" He says after a while. I stop playing and look up at him, seeing that he's already looking at me. "Are you sure? I don't wanna intrude" I say warily. I've only ever written with Harry back home but never with any of the other boys. I don't think they even know I write.

"Yea, of course. Julian won't mind, after all it's our album and the boys would love someone else's input. Please?" He pleads. I sigh and bite my lip, considering the option. It would be kinda fun to work with them. After all, they are my friends.

"Alright I'll go" I breathe out. He smiles widely and tackles me in a hug. I laugh loudly and push him off of my jokingly. "Ok, well anyways, the boys asked if we wanted to hang out at the pool today before the concert?" He asks, putting away the guitar. "Yeah, why not. I need to work on a tan" He throws his head back laughing. "You'll never get my beautiful tan. I know your jealous of it" I shove his shoulder and proceed to get ready to go to the pool.

I put on a navy blue bikini on. It's the perfect bathing suit to tan in without leaving a huge tan line. I wear a yellow, flowy sundress as a coverup. I put my hair up in a messy bun, so when I go into the water, it won't get wet. I get out of the bathroom to see Harry already in his white swim trunks. Harry is already pretty tan from being in LA recently.

"Let's go?" I ask, ready to go down. He nods and we go down the lobby, to the pool outdoors. It's a simple rectangular pool. There's not many people in the area, so the boys don't have to worry about fans swarming them. There's a tiki bar on the other side when they serve food and drinks. We go through the gate and spot the boys already in the pool and the girls lounging.

We put down our towels and bags on the chairs we're sitting on. I open the sunscreen and rub it on myself, but realize I can't reach my back. Seeing me struggle, Harry comes over and sits behind me. He grabs the sunscreen from my hands and rubs it across my shoulders and down my back. I can't deny the goosebumps his touch gives me.

"There you go love" He smiles cheekily and playfully kisses my cheek. I laugh loudly and see him jump into the water where the rest of the boys are. I turn to talk with the girls, seeing them already looking at me with shit-eating grins. "Don't" I snap, already knowing what they're gonna say. They giggle but change the subject.