Tattoos & Date Night

May 6, 2013
Bærum, Norway

The stuffiness in the air and moist ground gives the clue that it rained the night before we arrived. The sky was blue with multiple clouds around blocking the sun. It was barely noon when Harry and I woke up to the boys knocking on our doors. They wanted to know if we wanted to walk around but we agreed to just stay in for now.

So that brings us to right now. Harry and I are sprawled across the bed, my head laying on his lap while he rests against the headboard. His fingers run through my hair, massaging my head lightly while we binge watch Friends. I can feel the vibration of Harry's chuckles when something funny is said. We spend the afternoon like this.

"Hey, you wanna do something random?" He says suddenly, pausing the episode we were watching. I look up at him from my spot, furrowing my eyebrows. "Like what?" I ask curious to what he's thinking of doing. He smiles mischievously at me. "Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo?" He smirks. I sit up looking at him like he's gone completely insane.

"Wow and I thought you'd never let me do anything fun?" I ask laughing at his sudden change in opinion. Every time I mentioned piercing my ears or getting a tattoo, he'd object immediately. He rolls his eyes giving me a look as if to say 'duh'. "Yeah well I believe you are old enough to get one so why don't we go now?" He says. I look down at my wrist, thinking of the many ideas I actually have thought of getting on myself but never had to courage to do so. I look back at Harry, deciding it wouldn't hurt to do something small.

"Alright let's do it" I smile. He cheers jumping off the bed, punching the air in victory. "But.." I add on, smirking at his slightly fallen face. "You have to get a tattoo as well" I smile. His smile comes back and he laughs. "Well yeah why do you think I asked if you wanted one? Didn't wanna go to a tattoo shop in a random country on my own" I scoff at him and shove him out of the way so I can get ready.

After doing everything I have to in the bathroom, I put on a plain black T-shirt and leggings. I put on a green bomber jacket over it and my white Filas on my feet. We go down to the lobby and decide to walk as the tattoo parlor is only a couple blocks down. There's not many people on the streets as the day is a bit gloomy, so we don't have to worry about crowds.

The walk to the parlor was shorter than I expected. Harry opens the door, allowing me to walk in first. The place is different than I expected. Instead of dark colors all around, the walls are painted peach and white. There are different tattoo designs all over the wall, different earrings for whoever wants a piercing. A man slightly taller and more buff than Harry approaches us. He has multiple tattoos and piercings all over his body. Unconsciously, I get closer to Harry, feeling a bit intimidated by the guy.

"How could I help you guys today?" He asks, smiling sweetly. I relax when I realize he's a friendly guy. He holds out his hand for us to shake. "Hi I'm Harry, this is Emiliana. We actually want to get tattoos if that's alright" Harry says politely. The man nods, introducing himself as Adam. He brings us over to his work space, giving us papers to fill out with our information before we get started. I decide I'll go first just to get it over with.

"Do you know what you want and where you want it?" Adam asks, grabbing a drawing book to make my design. I explain the tattoo I want and showing him where I want it on my wrist. He starts sterilizing the needles after he places the stencil on the area I pointed out. Harry sits in a chair next to me, staying close by.

"So this is gonna hurt, thought you should know that being that it's your first one" He chuckles lightly. He turns on the gun, ready to put the ink on my body. Harry grabs my hand, holding it to give me moral support. "Don't think too much about the pain" He says. I smile at him, cringing when the sharp pain comes as a shock to my skin. After about five minutes, Adam cleans off the excess ink and wraps my wrist in saran wrap. I smile down at the tattoo, letting Harry see it as well.