Back For You

July 2, 2013
East Rutherford, New Jersey

Arriving at the Rutherford airport at 5 am, I quickly grab my suitcase and head down the thin aisle to get off the plane. Louis had done good in getting me first class tickets for a last minute flight. The boys had informed me that they would pick me up with their driver so all I have to do is make my way to the exit.

The whole flight here I've been running my mind on everything wrong that could be happening with Harry. I never thought he could get this upset over everything and I can't help but feel like it's my fault. If I hadn't gone to LA, I could've been here for him. He couldn't even talk to me for a week because he felt like he was gonna get in the way of my work. The guilt I feel at the thought of him thinking I'd get mad at him for something like that is bad enough.

"Em!" A voice breaks me out of my thoughts and I turn to look at a frantic Niall. I walk over to him and follow him into the black vehicle. I greet all four of them and notice they all look exhausted.

"Love, I need you to know that I wouldn't have called you to come if it wasn't bad" Louis says apologetically. I gulp down the lump forming in my throat at his words.

"How bad is he?" I whisper, looking down at my hands.

"I don't want to worry you but he's pretty bad Em. You not being here just made it worse" Liam adds. My guilty feeling only grows and I internally scold myself for leaving in the first place.

"Don't make her feel bad about it Liam, she didn't know this would happen!" Niall slaps the back of his head.

"No guys it's fine, I shouldn't have gone in the first place. I should've known this would affect him" I sigh

"No no, Harry wanted you to go. He was happy for you in the beginning but it kind of just went downhill.." Liam trails off. Before I can speak, the car stops and we all get out quickly so we aren't spotted even though it's early. Louis grabs my luggage for me and we all make it to the elevator. I tap my foot anxiously, watching as the numbers slowly grow.

"He'll be happy to see you, you know" Zayn says with a soft smile. I smile back but my anxiety doesn't subside. The doors open and we walk out, Liam leading me to the hotel room that Harry's staying in.

"Here's the key, he should be sleeping" He says handing me said key, I grab my luggage from Louis and they all kiss my cheek in a friendly manner, welcoming me back. I breath our heavily and slide in the key. I hear the click and open the door slowly to walk in. The room is pitch black except from the subtle moonlight shining through the blinds. I leave my bags at the front and continue walking where I see a figure laying on the bed. I turn on a bedside table lamp, enough to see but not enough to wake him up. He's tangled up in the sheets, looking so peaceful and pure. His face is pale and he looks almost sick. I can't even imagine what his inner demons are doing to him. I slide my shoes off carefully and get into bed beside him being that I'm already in comfy clothes. I turn on my side to face him, not wanting to get close so I don't wake him up. I close my eyes for a second only to open them the next when I hear the voice I've been missing.

"Em?" Harry croaks, rubbing his eyes sleepily. I sit up and look down at him. He looks around confused and back at me.

"Are you really here or are you an angel coming to take me to heaven?" He asks seriously. I laugh lightly and roll my eyes.

"I'm really here Haz" I smile softly. He sits up with wide eyes and brings me into a tight hug.

"Oh my- Wait what are you doing here early?" He asks in confusion, pulling away slightly.

"We'll talk about everything when we have to wake up. I'm exhausted and you have a busy day yeah?" He nods but before I can lay back down he brings me into a long kiss. I melt immediately, having longed the sensation of his lips against mine.