Today Show

August 23, 2013
NYC, New York

The flight to New York took about eight hours and we got there at around four in the morning. By the time we got to the hotel, the boys already had to get to sound check and I had to go as well. So now I'm currently backstage with the boys in their small dressing room as they get ready to get on stage. I'm on babysitting duty for now since Lou won't be able to stay for the show. She has a meeting right after she finishes getting the boys ready so Lux is with me for the day.

"I'm so tired" I groan and rest my head on Harry. Lux is passed out against my chest so I don't have to entertain her for a bit. She was woken up early so I'm sure she'll be out for a while.

"Does that mean your not up for going around the city?" Harry asks knowingly. I straighten myself up instantly and look at him with a wide smile. I thought we wouldn't be able to be tourists for today, thinking Harry had things to do so the mentioning of visiting the city is a bit of a shock.

"Are you just saying that so I don't complain or are you actually suggesting we go out to the city?" I ask in excitement.

"Both" He says playfully before smiling softly. "I think we deserve a break and I think walking around the city that never sleeps is the perfect way to do so" I kiss him softly, his hand caressing my jaw before a high pitched voice interrupts us. I look to the little girl in my chest who's looking at us in disgust

"Ewww" Lux scrunches up her nose, tiredly rubbing her eyes. We laugh lightly at the girl and I kiss her forehead, making a smile erupt on her small face. She pouts and looks to Harry expectantly, silently asking him to give her the same attention. He chuckles, shaking his head and kisses her cheek sloppily. She squeals in delight, squirming in my lap from the action.

"That was wet!" She giggles, rubbing her cheek from the kiss. Harry's mouth drops open playfully, feigning offense.

"Don't wipe away my kiss!" He scolds, failing to hide his bright smile. Looking at the two makes my heart melt. Lux has always been Harry's weakness and I'll never get over just how amazing he is with her. The thought brings me back yo the conversation Lou and I had. The conversation of Harry and I having kids and being married. I shake my head of any thoughts, not wanting to fall deep into it because I won't stop thinking about it if I start now.

"Harry let's go, we have to br on stage in five and you don't even have your ear-ins" Liam says, rolling his eyes. I laugh at his frustration and turn to Harry who's already looking at me. He smiles softly and I nod, signaling that he can go.

"I'll see you after yeah?" He says standing up and pecking my lips affectionately. I wave him and the boys off and watch as they make their way on stage happily. Lux tugs my arm softly, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Bathroom please Emi" She says desperately, seeming to be uncomfortable she squirms in my arms. I nod and put her down so she can walk with me to the backstage bathrooms. Caroline comes over and says she can take her quickly while I watch the performance to which I agree and hand Lux over to her.

A couple minutes pass and the boys have already sang Little Things. I feel a presence behind me, assuming it's Caroline with Lux so I turn around only to be met with a face I can never forget. A face who happens to be carrying the small blonde I'm in charge off. My eyes go wide and I freeze, unable to move.

"Well hey Em, it's been a while" Justin says cockily. Lux absentmindedly plays with the collar of his shirt, seemingly not fazed at all that this somewhat dangerous stranger is handling her. I glare at him and grab the little girl gently but quickly put of his hands, not wanting her anywhere near him.