Hot and Cold

July 1, 2013
Los Angeles, California

Two weeks have passed and I'd call it a success. It's been hectic but worth it nonetheless. We have been in and out of meetings and recording studios. Producers and singers have been wanting to meet with me, saying that Julian speaks very highly of me. I even met Ed Sheeran at a writing session to which I became a total fangirl. We sent a picture to Harry and he immediately sent Ed a text saying 'Don't tell her anything embarrassing'. We didn't exactly follow his request. Apparently Harry had told Ed we were together and he also knew how in love he was with me since before which seems crazy to me that Ed knew about me more than I knew about him.

Speaking of Harry, we both kept our promises on texting and calling everyday for the first week, but he's been a bit absent on that aspect lately. He would sound sad or tired over the phone or he wouldn't even call, just simple texts. I know he's extremely busy and I don't fault him for that but I miss him. I barely slept without him here if I'm honest. It's just not the same. The bed is always cold and I feel lonely in the room. Besides the feeling of missing him deeply, This experience is nothing I ever thought would happen to me yet it is and it feels insane.

Right now, we are on our way to a party for a singer Julian wouldn't tell me who it was. Apparently a lot of people will be there and I can easily make friends in this industry if I attend. It's a classy party so I decided to go with a long red dress with a slit in the leg and plan black heels. As the car turns into the roundabout driveway, I admire the mansion we arrived at. It's a pure white color outside and the doors are glass, letting the outside world to be able to see silhouettes if they looked closely.

"You ready?" Julian says excitedly. I nod, faking a smile. Truth is, with Harry being somewhat cold to me, I haven't been that happy to be here. Of course I love this job and I'm happy, don't get me wrong. But I just don't like the gut feeling I have when I think about him.

Entering the large house, I gasp quietly, seeing the beautiful decorations that surround the walls. The walls are navy blue and white themed, different painting hung up all over. Chandeliers hang in almost every room and a large spiral staircase is met the second you walk in the front door. A certain picture catches my eye and it's then that I realize whose house this is.

"You brought me to Ariana Grande's mansion!" I whisper yell into Julians ear, making him laugh loudly. He watches amused and my inner fan girl starts to come out like every other time I met someone I idolize. We continue walking through the house, occasionally stopping and greeting a guest. Making it to the kitchen is when I spot the brown hair in it's high ponytail. I tap Julian on the shoulder and point discretely in her direction to which he nods and takes me over there.

"Ariana!" He says, opening his arms for a hug. The small girl turns around and smiles brightly, walking into his embrace. When they pull away, her eyes land on me and she smiles sweetly while I return the gesture.

"Ari, this is Emiliana, she works with me and the boys and has been joining me in these meetings I told you about" Julian introduces us. I stick my hand out but she waves her hand and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm more of a hugger" She giggles, pulling away with a smile. I smile back and we engage in conversation.

"So Julian told me you're a pretty good song writer" She says, serving both of us some punch. I nod as I grab the cup from her, thanking her quietly.

"I guess, I mean I've written with Harry multiple times and helped with a couple songs from their second album but didn't put my name under it" I say

"Which one did you help with?" She asks curiously, taking a sip of her drink.

"Uh, Last First Kiss, you know that one?"