Lovin' It

August 6, 2013
Los Angeles, California

Ariana called me earlier this morning once I landed to meet her at the studio to write. When I went to the studio to meet her, I honestly didn't expect to actually start and finish the last song she needed for her album. She told me she wanted a song to go with all her other songs and I was surprised when she played the other eleven songs she recorded for the album. She trusted me completely with it and I never felt so happy.

The song is called Lovin' It. It's a typical upbeat song about a girl who didn't plan to fall in love, but she did. I really liked the way it came out and when she recorded it, it came out a lot better than I thought. She plans to release the album early September to which I totally fan-girled over.

Now, I sit in a different studio with the boys as they record a couple songs. Julian couldn't make it so he asked me to do the production part being that I got better at it over this time. Right now we're finishing recording Half a Heart.

"Alright Zayn, start from the first pre-chorus, remember this part is softer than the second chorus" I say, starting the recording process from the beginning. He nods his head, placing the headphones on his ears. I turn my head to the other boys, letting them know we're about to record and to be quiet. I count down with my fingers from three, pressing the record button. He sings from the pre chorus to the end of the chorus perfectly, making squeal the second I stop recording.

"Perfect! Now, Can you do your verse again and then I'll call Harry to do his part?" I ask to which he gives a thumbs up and smile. I count down again and start recording. He sings his verse smoothly, stopping when Harry and Niall have to sing.

"Amazing Zayn, that was good, you can come out now" I say through the mic. He takes off the headphones and places it in the hold, coming out of the booth. A pair of arms snake around me from behind and I instantly lean into the hard chest.

"It's kinda hot seeing you in work mode" Harry whispers into my ear. My cheeks heat up and I roll my eyes at his comments.

"Shut up and get in the booth Styles" I scold playfully, pushing him away. He laughs lightly, pecking me softly before going in. He puts on his headphones, giving me a thumbs up that he's ready. I place the music at the right spot and turn on my mic so I can speak to him.

"You're starting from the second pre-chorus up to the end of the chorus. This part is stronger than the first chorus" I remind him. He nods his head that he understands and I press record. He immediately starts singing, closing his eyes when he feels the emotion in the song. I can't help but admire how his neck veins pop out when he belts out the lyrics. He looks like an absolute angel right now.

"Did I do alright?" He asks through the mic and I realize that he finished and I've been staring. He has a smirk on his face, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yeah you're good" I say. He comes out and I keep calling in each boy until we finally finish after thirty minutes or so. I play the playback and I'm immediately emotional. This song was when I was at a pretty low state and Harry and I weren't on good terms. This song holds a emotional memory to me and I can't help but feel proud that it's gonna be out there under my name, being sung by my boyfriend and best friends.

"Don't cry love" Harry says, breaking me out of my thoughts. I didn't even know I was crying until he wiped a tear under my eye. He looks at me with concerned filled eyes, but I wave him off.

"I just got emotional" I smile at him in reassurance. He nods his head and brings me to his side.

"This is definitely going on the album. It's a beautiful song" Niall says, the other boys nodding in agreement.

"You should be proud love, honestly. You wrote and produced this song all on your own and totally nailed it" Louis praises.

"Thank you guys" I smile at them.

"I think we should do something tonight" Liam says. The boys all look at each other and then at me.

"Don't make me choose what to do" I say, putting my hand up.

"Why don't we go to Santa Monica beach?" Harry suggests, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and resting his chin on the top of my head. We murmur words of agreement and head out of the studio.

To my surprise, the beach wasn't that full of people so we didn't have to worry about getting mobbed. From where we stand, you can see the large pier as well as the many attractions that lay upon it. Santa Monica Pier is famous for this reason. Every tourist goes there when they visit LA, it's typical to see a load of people there. There's multiple restaurants and shops littering around the beach. People biking and skateboarding on the sidewalks. The site was peaceful.

I lay my towel on the floor, everyone else doing the same. I strip out of my cover up, revealing a orange crochet bikini. I turn around to see Harry looking at me with a smirk, his eyes shamelessly trailing down my body. I walk over to him and smack the back of his head, earning a scowl in return.

"Eyes are up here buddy" I pat his chest, going back to my towel and laying down. The boys have already gotten into the water, leaving Harry and I. He comes up to where I lay and lifts my shoulders up so I'm now in a sitting position. I look at him questionably until he sits behind me, his legs spreading so I'm in between them. He leans me against his chest, wrapping his arms around me.

"Are you not gonna get in the water?" I ask, looking over my shoulder. He looks at me through my black ray bans and shrugs.

"That depends.. Are you getting in the water?" He reciprocates the question. I raise my eyebrows at him but shake my head nonetheless.

"Then no, I'm not" He says with a smile. I roll my eyes at him with a chuckle.

"You should go with the boys, I can stay here you know" I say in amusement.

It's obvious Harry's reluctant on leaving me alone anymore. Everywhere I go, he's literally attached to my hip. I appreciate his concern but he can't miss out on things just because he's worried about me.

"I rather be with you love. I wanted to talk to you about something anyways" He says, causing me to sit up more and face him completely.

"Ok?" I say unsure of what he wants to talk about. He takes off his sunglasses, putting it in his hair.

"You know we have two award shows and the premiere for the movie this month" He states, making me nod my head. I do know that the boys have the Teen Choice and VMA's as well as the premiere soon to which I'm extremely excited for them. They've come a long way and to get rewarded with all these nominations and possible awards is a blessing.

"Well, we have a choice to bring someone along to these events. Y-You know as a date" He says, slowly getting to the point. I nod my head again, waiting for him to finish.

"I want you to be my date for all three events" He blurts out, biting his lip nervously. I smile softly for a moment until it turns into a smirk.

"Well as your girlfriend I would hope to go with you" I say as if it's obvious. He rolls his eyes at my expression, a smile forming on his lips.

"I still have to ask you, I was scared you'd say no" He says with a chuckle. It's my turn to roll my eyes as I look at him with a 'really?' look.

"Of course I'll go with you, this is a huge thing for you boys and I'd love nothing more than to support you guys" I say softly, running my hand through his hair. He smiles brightly at me before leaning in to kiss me gently. It only lasts a moment because the next second we're all soaked. The sound of laughter makes us snap our heads to the culprit. I scowl when I see Louis has a bucket that was once filled with salt water.

"You're so dead"