Tips in Writing Your Prologue

- Jonquil Joy Regalla Relin

Maraming aspiring published writer sa panahon ngayon na nakikiuso ng Prologue sa ibang mga writers especially sa wattpad. Which is kalimitan ay mali ang nilalaman. Bakit mali? Kasi instead na isang "scene" ang mababasa mo na maaaring nangyari sa past o mangyayari pa lang sa future na malaki ang connection sa present story ng mga bida ay iba ang mababasa mo. Karamihan puro introduction o di kaya naman ay ginawang teaser, description, o plot ang isang Prologue.

Ex. From Google

1. Describing a scene from the past that is important to the story.

2. Grabbing readers' attention with a scene from the story. The author could pick an exciting scene from the middle of the story to draw readers in and make them want to keep reading.

3. The prologue focuses on a secret of one of the characters (which the main character would have no way of knowing, and the author would not otherwise be able to tell the reader due to the first person perspective)

4. Expressing a different point in time. For example, the prologue may be about the main character who is in her eighties and who is remembering her childhood, which is when the story takes place (and which begins in Chapter 1).