9 Ways to Save Time and Energy

9 Ways to Save  Time and Energy
— Aqui

1. Use Pyramid Construction

- Getting to the point at the top, putting the “who, what, when, where, and why.” In the first paragraph and developing supporting information under it.

- You should use pyramid style for any short report and for any story that might be cut. And when you do, don’t put anything in paragraph 12 that the reader must know in order to understand paragraph 7.

2. Use topic sentence

- For each paragraph ask, “What do I want to say here? What point do I make?” Answer with a single general sentence. That is your topic sentence.

- If the answer is “It doesn’t,” then ask what others work the sentence is doing in the paragraph. If  the answer is “None” get rid of the sentence.

3. Write short paragraphs

- Your writing will be faster, livlier, and clearer if you write short paragraph.

4. Use transitional phrases.

- A transition in writing is a word or a group of words that moves the reader from one place to another.

Examples:

Transition of time:
   The following week...
   In December of that year...
   By the time Renaldo arrived...
   After the prom...
   Twenty years later...

Transition of place:
   On the other side of the mountain...
   In black eagle Montana...
   Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
   When we got to Archie’s place...
   From my house I could tell...

Transition of subject:
   Consequently...
   In this manner...
   On the other hand...
   In contrast to...
   Despite all this...

- It is use of spaces, such as skipping lines, starting new chapters etc...

5. Don’t explain when you don’t have to

- Writers often write long-winded and unnecessary transitions because they are afraid that the short phrase hasn’t said enough.

- Unless something happened to sam while driving his car over to the church, don’t describe the drive.

6. Use Bridge words

- This shows you how the writer get from one thought to another, thus, supplying you with a smoother bridge between thoughts.

7. Avoid wordiness

- Wordiness has 2 meanings for the writers. You are wordy when you are rebundant, such as when you write, “Last may during the spring,” or “Little Kittens,” or “Very unique.”

8. Steal!

- Someone once said that if you steal from one writer, it’s called plagiarism. But if you steal from several, it’s called research. So steal from everybody, but steal only once sentence or a phrase at a time. (I'm not promoting this pero 'wag naman sobrang greedy, ha? Na halos buong plot ninakaw mo na. 'Wag naman ganon, sistars.)

9. Stop writing when you get to the end.

- When you get to the sentence that you must have, read it out loud. Is it a  good closing sentence? Does it sound final? Does it leave the reader in the mood you intended? If so, you are done.

- When you have done what you came to do, STOP. Do not linger at the door saying goodbye sixteen time. Stop when you are done writing your final chapter. Take a rest. Do not write another book after you finished this. REST.