Chapter Writing Advices

— Jhared Villablanca; some tips from AnakNiRizal

Good day, Guys. Magbibigay lang rin ako ng tips patungkol sa pagsusulat ng isang magandang chapter kasi minsan, marami akong nae-enounter na questions like: "How do you write your chapters?" So here are the tips for writing a great chapter.

1. Write the highlight of a plot outline to make everything better and easy.

2. Always move the events forward and avoid much fillers.

3. There must be a goal for a chapter that will possibly move the plot forward. (e.g. Chapter one's goal is to introduce the characters.).

4. List down the events that may occur in a chapter. However, the events must be always relevant to the story itself.

5. The introduction of a chapter must be catchy and intetesting. There are many different ways to start a chapter:
   a.  Continuation of the previous chapter.
   b. Breaking the last scene with new setting or new events from the last chapter.
   c. Start with action such as running or starting a conversation with a friend so that the introduction will be intetesting rather than making it mediocre.
   d. Questions such as, "Do you believe in a miracle?"
   e. Be creative of starting a chapter.

6. The ending of a chapter must make readers want more or to make them read more, there are also ways to end it:
   a. Cliffhanger
   b. Leave a question for readers that will make them curious about.

Actually, I'm fond of reading articles about writing. So I learned some of this information kaya i-share ko itong lahat sa inyo. Random writing advices lang po siya at sana makatulong rin sa inyo katulad ng nangyari sa akin.

1. Always write, write only for yourself.

2. Don't be a perfectionist, your first draft will always had a potential of having more errors.

3. Rather than telling the emotions, tell the readers how will they react on a scene without saying their emotions. (e.g. Why would I be here? I want to ask this to her. This powerful sentence is obviously stating that the character is worried).

4. Use metaphors and similes.

5. Use the character's unique introspection.

6. What makes a horror movies or novel good is because of the fear of unknown. All of the things can be sinister so be creative as well.

7. The characters must have their own voice, own hobbies that will make readers conclude about their true personality.

8. Do not make the readers correctly predict the next scenes so that it will make them read more. In short: the story must be unpredictable.

9. Correct use of punctuations, grammars, and spellings.