10 Things You Should Give to Your Character

— Couch Potaeto

1.) Goal - What is the goal of your character? You need to answer this question because it will serve as a guide for your character, helping you to make your plot clearer.

2.) Motivation - Give your character a motivation to pursue his/her goal to make their journey more interesting.

3.) Fear - Make your character realistic. Fear is just normal to human. This will shape your character's experiences, actions, and mindset.

4.) Flaw - Everyone has imperfections, you should give your character too. This will make your character more realistic.

5.) Past - give your character a history that can affect her present and and the journey to come.

6.) Present - you need to give your character a history, but not too much. You also need to give your character challenges in the present day to keep him/her and the story more interesting.

7.) Quirk - strange and unique habits will make readers to remember your character. Give your character a quirk to make him/her stand out from others.

8.) Personality - Your character should not remain flat. Give him/her a strong personality that  will shape his/her words and actions throughout the story.

9.) Desire - give your character a desire that can push or tempt him/her to take action that will affect his/her journey. With this, you can keep your readers invested.

10.) Interests - give your character some interests that are relatable to the readers.

These are the things that I learned from past research. Hope that these could help you too. ✨