Ch.37

“Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.”

— Merida (Brave)

As Scorpio and Gemini entered the small white room, the rest of the zodiacs stared at them with tired eyes. They had woken up early only to be scared and saved. Some zodiacs like, Gemini, Aquarius, Capricorn and Sagittarius only had 4 hours of sleep. All they wanted to do was to take a nap but that wouldn't be possible. The reason the task had to be done early was because they had a busy day today.

"this has got to be easy.. Maleficent wouldn't put her son in a dangerous situation, would she?" Virgo mumbled to Taurus. Only they hadn't entered the room to save someone. They knew they were next.

"I hope not," Taurus replied.

Maleficent mumbled a spell as she stared at the two zodiacs standing in the middle of the room. Scorpio looked unbothered. Gemini in the other hand, was looking around nervously.

Suddenly, fire surrounded them. It wasn't big enough for them to be trapped but as time goes by the fire grows.

Virgo and Taurus didn't waste time and rushed inside the room.

"should we just jump or something?" gemini asked Scorpio. He shook his head in response.

By the time Virgo and Taurus entered the room the fire had doubled.

"don't worry guys, your armors are fire proof remember?" Virgo tried to comfort them but they didn't look affected.

"how are we supposed to get them out?" Taurus asked. The room was slowly filling up with smoke.

"I have an-" Virgo coughed. "an idea," she tried to cover her nose and mouth with her arm but it was useless because of the material of the armor.

Taurus noticed this and started taking his armor off. He was wearing a white shirt underneath. He was planning on ripping it so Virgo could breathe properly.

"no Taurus! Put it back on! The fire could get to you!"

"you won't be able to use your powers if you can't breathe Virgo," Taurus took his shirt off before ripping it in half. He gave one piece to Virgo before wrapping the other around his face.

Gemini was covering himself with his hands. He had started to cough as well. Scorpio was acting tough but even he had started to cough.

Virgo lifted her hands in the air as she stared at the ceiling the entire time. A green plant started to form on the ceiling. Virgo kept her gaze on them and soon the plant grew. Now Scorpio and Gemini could use the vines as ropes.

Gemini was quick to climb up the rope. He swung from the first one to the next one until he was close enough to the ground. He was hesitant to jump on the next vine. He wasn't sure if it would be necessary.

The vine he was holding tightly onto started breaking. Gemini took it as a signal to jump then. His fingers barely brushed against the other vine. He fell on the ground two feet away from the fire.

Gemini immediately got up and ran to the exit to get some fresh air. Taurus followed after him to make sure he was fine.

"come on Scorpio!" Scorpio jumped on the first vine. He could've easily teleported out of the room but he knew he wasn't allowed to. Instead he had to use ropes like a monkey.

Scorpio jumped on the next one quickly. The next rope was the weak one. If Scorpio jumped on it he would fall directly into the fire.

Virgo noticed and tried to cover the weak part with new leaves.