Ch.38

“You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me. Me! The mistress of evil”
– Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

"I've asked for you to arrive today to make an announcement. Starting today I will no longer be your queen," the only thing the signs could hear was the sound of birds chirping. More than five hundred citizens stood silently with aghast looks on their face." nor will my husband be your king. I understand your confusion but I promise I'm leaving you in good hands,"

The eleven zodiacs had been standing on the left side of the large stage that had been set up that morning. Cinderella stood in the middle, Snow white and Belle standing next to her.

"later on your new king and queen will be announced but for now I can announce who the official zodiacs for the next 100 years are. First I present to you Aries, daughter of Rapunzel and Eugene. Her zodiac sign is represented by the ram and she's a fire sign," Aries' eyes widened. No one told them they'd be introduced individually! Taurus, who was standing next to her, gave her a little push forward. Aries gave the crowd a bashful smile before walking over to the middle of the stage too.

The following zodiacs were called as the crowd stood speechless. That was until the fifth zodiac was called. "next up is Leo, son of Cruella Deville," the crowd gasped. Leo, Aqua and Capricorn wanted to roll their eyes but if they did, they would be proving them right. Instead, Leo flashed them a smile(which made a couple of girls blush) and walked over to Cancer.

When Pisces stood next to Aquarius, Cinderella made it clear that there was one last zodiac but unfortunately he couldn't attend.

Photographers and reporters from "the fairy godmother news" were huddled close to the stage taking pictures and filming every move the zodiacs made.

"when will the next king and queen be announced?" one of the reporters broke the silence among the crowd. "where will you and your family go?" another one asked. Soon, all of them were yelling, wanting nothing more than answers.

"silence please! The only question I can answer is the first one. Belle?" Cinderella gave the microphone to Belle.

"everything you need to know will be announced this Friday. Thank you for coming everyone!"

Meanwhile, Scorpio stood shirtless in the middle of his mother's office. He knew this day would come but he didn't expect for it to happen during an eventful week. According to his mother, the answer to why, would be very obvious the next day.

"you're going to feel a lot of pain Scorpio, but I know that you can handle it," Maleficent's usual smirk was replaced with a concerned frown.

"I know mom.. Let's just get this over with," and so maleficent started walking slowly around Scorpio as she read out loud, "fairy wings are inherited. Stealing them or taking them by force can result in irreversible hexes that one will never recover from. Today I shall grant you with the wings of a dark fey,"

Scorpio had never thought about it. Being a fairy or a dark fey, I mean. He knew his friends would make fun of him for it if they found out. After all, fairies from the East look quite the opposite of Scorpio.

Maleficent's eyes glowed, a bright shade of purple filling them. Scorpio fell down on his knees and yelled as he felt agonizing pain all over his back.

Maleficent had a blank expression on her face as the flesh on her son's back parted. Two vertical lines were visible, blood slowly pouring down his back.

Scorpio was begging for his mother to stop but she wasn't done yet. wanting to speed up the process, maleficent lifted her hands, her eyes were glowing a darker shade of purple.

Black feathers started to form inside the wounds. Even if it was all happening at a faster pace, the intensity added seemed to have aggravated and triggered the amount of pain Scorpio was in.

"can we go eat now? I'm starving!" Taurus whined as a pout made its way to his face. He was sure that he would convince Virgo with that pout.

"sure. Where do you want to eat?" she kissed his lips, causing a blush to appear on his cheeks.

"ew! No pda in public!" Leo frowned at them.

"do you even know what pda stands for? You literally just said 'no public display of affection in public, smart-ass," Capricorn said.

"oh... Have you done it with Sagittarius?" he winked at him. Leo was just teasing him because he called him a smart-ass but that's didn't stop Sagittarius from taking her shoe off and throwing it at him.

"anyways...lets go to Tiana's. It's the best restaurant in the East,"

The eleven signs were sitting at Tiana's as they waited for their food.

"they never told us who won today's task..." Aquarius mumbled. Even if she had her bets on cancer and Pisces, she hoped Capricorn and Sagittarius won. Having a villain as ruler of the East just seemed revolutionary for her. And with Cinderella having certified the news of them being zodiacs, they were supposed to be seen as good people, maybe soon they'd be known as heroes.

"definitely not me... I feel like I could've done something more important than distracting the crocodiles," Cancer frowned.

Libra who was sitting next to her, held her hand before saying, "if you weren't distracting them they would've killed the three of us. Trust me when I say all of you helped," libra gave everyone a friendly smile. Even if she was smiling, she was worried about Scorpio. She wondered what he was doing at the moment.

Back in the west, Maleficent had left her office to make some lunch for herself and Scorpio. Meanwhile, he was standing in front of a mirror, staring at the large, heavy, black wings he had just gotten. His grip on the sink was so strong his knuckles turned white. His back was still in pain since he was still getting used to the feeling. He hated the feeling but he knew that it would be nothing compared to tomorrow's.