Ch.39

“The world is dark and selfish and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine. It destroys it”
– Mother Gothel (Tangled)

"hello? Mhm.. Okay, we'll be there in twenty minutes. Love you, bye," Taurus spoke to the phone. Once he ended the call he placed his phone on the table and picked up his fork. "my mom said we need to go back to Cinderella's ex castle. Scorpio will be there already,"

Libra, Leo, Aquarius and Capricorn looked up at the mention of Scorpio.

"is everything alright?" Virgo asked him. Taurus shrugged, the uninterested look on his face meaning there was nothing to worry about.

"I miss those days when all we- I mean, you guys had to worry about was Scorpio," Leo chuckled. Part of them agreed. Scorpio's threats seemed so insignificant at this point.

"I still want to get him back for the scare he gave us.. I had totally forgotten about it until now that you mentioned it," Sagittarius was referring to the time Scorpio casted a spell to make all their fears appear upon them.

"Aries hit us with a pan though," Capricorn snorted.

"you deserved it," was what Aries replied.

Just as Taurus told his mother, they only spent about fifteen minutes in the restaurant before going back to the castle.

The ride was short but loud. They were normally loud due to certain signs like Sagittarius, Aries, Gemini, Leo and sometimes Capricorn. They were all in the same limousine now so all of them were, to make it brief, being themselves.

The eleven zodiacs made their way inside the castle feeling a lot better than the first time. Since the announcement had been made earlier that day, Cinderella and her family had officially left the East. Pocahontas and Ariel made sure they only took their belongings like clothes, shoes, electronics, etc. Just the essentials.

They followed the sound of their parents talking to each other until they entered the living room.

"nice wings," Capricorn broke the silence that filled the room. All the signs were staring at Scorpio's huge, black wings. They looked exactly like her mother's, if not bigger.

Scorpio stood shirtless next to his mother, as his wounds were still healing.

Most signs like Capricorn, Gemini, Leo, Aries and Sagittarius were staring at them with excitement. Virgo, Aquarius, Taurus, Cancer and Pisces stared at him with interest and the tiniest bit of fear. And Libra was simply happy. Happy that he was fine.

"anyways... I asked you to come here because we need to discuss something," Belle smiled at them to assure them that there was nothing to worry about. "for the last task, and for the future in general, you will have to make important decisions. You won't always have the resources but you'll have each other,"

"I dont understand where you're going with this," Gemini said.

"you'll understand soon. The last task involves the same qualities of the previous tasks and a few more. I wish I could tell you more but I can't. I know nothing about it since maleficent is in charge of it,"

The zodiacs were surprised to say the least.

Maleficent smirked evilly at the zodiacs. She had been standing next to her son not saying a word. "I've decided that to make it fair, I shall take your powers away,"she took five steps forward, making eye contact with each and every one of them.

"everyone's? But mine does no harm to anybody! I only speak to animals," Cancer frowned at Maleficent. It was rare for Cancer to be confident and outspoken with Maleficent in the same room, but if no one would say this, she would.

Maleficent glared at her for a second before giving her a bitter smile,"I'll let the princess keep hers but everyone else," she turned around to face Scorpio, "will have their powers abducted,"

To prove her point that everyone would lose their powers, she snatched the wand from snowhite's hand and flicked the wand in front of Scorpio.

That same smoke that appeared when they got their powers surrounded Scorpio's body.

The same process happened nine more times (Taurus didn't have powers). Aries was very close to insulting Maleficent when she was next but she stopped herself when she saw Virgo giving her a small glare.

When the zodiacs were finally alone, they took the time to admire Scorpio's wings from a closer view.

"did it hurt?" Libra asked as she stared at his back. Scorpio would never admit it in front of everyone else, but the pain he felt was unreal. He had even cried a bit, but he wouldn't confess that to anyone anytime soon.

"looks like it.. You still have a bit of blood there, bud," Aquarius patted his shoulder.

"did little scorpy cry?" Leo teased.

"no," was all he said as he glared at Leo. He pulled libra to his side. He was uncomfortable with everyone staring at him and wanted for it to be over.

"so? Have you tried them out yet?" Sagittarius sat down in front of him with her legs crossed beneath her. She looked like an excited child on christmas.

Scorpio only shook his head. He could barely move the wings before flinching. He was grateful no one dared to touch him because if it happened he would be throwing some fists.

The worst part was that one way or another, he had to learn how to use them that day. He would have to use them the next day and his mother wouldn't appreciate it if he made a mistake.

At that moment Scorpio remembered he should be practicing. He knew it would be painful, but it would be worth it.

"actually I need to go do that now," he stood up. He looked around the room before locking eyes with a short girl. "would you come with me Cancer?"

"what for?" Pisces asked him. Pisces wasn't the only one curious about why Scorpio wanted to be with Cancer alone. They were never the best of friends so why now?

"I need her help with something," Scorpio shrugged, his green eyes never leaving Cancer's blue eyes.

They all stared at Cancer, waiting for her to say something. Cancer herself was hesitant.

Nevertheless, she nodded. He extended his arm for her to take. With a bashful smile on her face, Cancer took his hand in hers, following him outside the room.

"is everyone seeing this shit?" Virgo muttered,her arms crossed over her chest. It was indeed a rare sight. Scorpio being a gentleman.

"should we... I don't know.. Spy on them?" Pisces scratched the back of his neck. He was hesitant to aks this because he knew it was wrong.

"why? Are you jealous?" Capricorn smirked. Pisces shook his head, a blush forming on his cheeks.

Sagittarius noticed this and pushed Capricorn, "stop teasing him.. I say we keep an eye on them. Just in case,"

"well let's go before we lose them!" Gemini declared before grabbing Aries' hand and running out of the room.