Ch. 44

"A snake am I? Perhaps you'd like to see how sss-snake-like I can be"

-Jafar (aladdin)

Scorpio's POV

"Scorp?"

"yeah?" I replied to Libra. We were still in the kitchen. My back facing her as I sat on one of the kitchen stools. I wasn't paying attention to her because if I did i'd have to look at the upset expression on her face.

"can you maybe... Make me some pancakes for me?" I finally placed my phone on the counter and faced her. I kept a straight face to show her that I wasn't in the mood. In response she gave me her best puppy dog eyes. "please? You make the best pancakes".

I had cooked once for her as an apology for saying something stupid. I regret revealing my cooking skills to her but I don't regret being the cause of the smile on her face.

I grumbled out a "fine" making her hug me tightly. I opened a few cabinets and the fridge for the ingredients not noticing that she was gone.

I began to whisk the ingredients together.

The constant reminder of what I did barely hours ago was back. I just hoped the other signs were smart enough to figure out how to wake Cancer up.

I flipped the first pancake.

At first she just told me that she wanted the wand but then she kept rambling about the people that would want to stop her. At a certain point she unitentionally revealed that she would kill them if she had to.

I flipped the second pancake.

My mom was many things and unfortunately, liar was one of them. She had never lied to me though, which was the only reason why I didn't stop her.

I flipped the third pancake.

It was then I realized the room was extremely quiet. I turned off the stove before piling up the three pancakes. I left them sitting on the kitchen counter as I left the kitchen.

I walked as quietly as I could. I checked the living room first but didn't find her. Then I went to my mother's office, thinking that maybe she did what I think she did.

She didn't even notice me when I leaned on the doorframe, my arms crossed over my chest. She was sitting on the green velvet couch, a pile of files resting on her lap.

I cleared my throat to get her attention causing her to almost fall off the couch. "so you didn't really want pancakes?" I pouted mockingly.

She rolled her eyes as she got up from the couch. She held one of the papers in her hand as she walked up to me. She didn't look as ashamed as I thought she'd be. I had just caught her snooping around in my mother's office after all.

"I needed to be sure that Maleficent wasn't going to hurt our friends. I knew you wouldn't help me so..." she shrugged. She reached out to grab my hand and I didn't stop her. She pulled me by my hand until we were back in the kitchen.

She smiled when she saw the plate of pancakes. She handed me the paper before saying, "go ahead. Read it". My eyes scanned over the paper as she took some chocolate syrup and poured it on the pancakes.