Ch. 42

This is a long chapter.

“People always do crazy things when they’re in love.”

– Meg, Hercules

Taurus' Pov
"rise and shine!" I heard Virgo sing as she opened the curtains of the giant window next to my bed. The rays of sunshine were too bright for my eyes. With a groan, I turned around and laid on my stomach instead. "don't be like that Taurus! Today's a big day! Cancer and Pisces made breakfast already."

I didn't even blink at the mention of breakfast. I felt sick.

"I don't wanna eat," I grumbled into my pillow. Of course, when Virgo heard this she rushed to my side to check my temperature.

"you're warm but that's probably because you're wrapped around those blankets like a freaking burrito.. Did you eat anything weird yesterday?"

The answer was yes. I had eaten something weird yesterday. But... If I told Virgo what I ate, she'd be mad at me.

I replied by shaking my head but this didn't convince Virgo. Virgo tilted her head to the side as if wondering if I did what she thinks I did.

"did you..... Oh my.. Taurus! You ate the fire signs' cake?"

There was no point in lying anymore so I just nodded.

"I'll get you some medicine but you need to get up. As much as I'd like to let you stay here and rest, you can't. Not today."

Not even five minutes later, Virgo returned with a few pills and water. Today would be a long day.

***

It was now five pm when we found ourselves in one of the many rooms of the castle. This room was large with lots of furniture. All of the things in the room looked old, ancient almost. Dust covered most of the book shelves and the wooden tables.

"is everyone wearing their armor?" Maleficent asked us. It was a stupid question seeing as the twelve of us were standing in front of her. She could see that we were indeed wearing our armors. Maybe she's stupid or maybe I'm getting irritated very easily today. "great! I know you've been wondering what this task would be like. It's not only the last task but it is the most important!"

Suddenly all her words were muted by my mind as I wondered if this was the right choice. We chose to trust maleficent for some reason but that doesnt mean I fully trust her. I know I'm not the only one. Virgo is always monitoring her actions, Aries and Sagittarius constantly ask her questions and even Leo and Aquarius seem to be unsure about trusting her.

She was right about Cinderella's evil intentions but why was she still here? Why were we in this strange room of the castle? Why weren't our parents here?

"I'll keep it simple. Cancer, Pisces, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Virgo and Taurus, you're task is to retrieve the magic wand from the evil descendant. Please make it quick," maleficent smirked before raising her hand in the air. The moment she waved it in the air, Aries, Gemini, Leo, Aquarius and Libra dissappeared. Everyone teleporting to a different location.

I cursed under my breath realizing my assumptions weren't as crazy as they sounded. We had been fooled. Whatever this was, it was part of Maleficent's plans.

"she did not just..." Sagittarius started running towards maleficent but before she could throw herself at her and try to beat her up, she dissappeared.