Ch. 41

"Fear Always Works" 
-

Dawn Bellwether (zootopia)

Scorpio was the first to look away, his eyes returning to their normal, hazel shade. He got up from the ground, brushing away the tiny pieces of grass that got stuck in his pants. He looked down at Cancer one last time. She was frozen in place as she stared down at the grass. 

"what happened?" she asked Scorpio. Cancer tried to remember why she was sitting on the ground. Nothing about the situation seemed alarming but Cancer felt different. There was something very important she couldn't remember.

"nothing. You just fell," Scorpio stretched his arm, offering his hand to her. "thanks for helping me," 

Cancer just nodded. Scorpio knew that something was bothering Cancer. He just hoped she would ignore the feeling. If she told someone, he'd deefinitely be in trouble.

Meanwhile, the air and fire signs were in the kitchen baking. The earth signs and pisces  were also there, sitting around the kitchen island. If anything got out of hand, they would intervene. 

"let's do something better than cake. Something unpredictable!" Aries said as she rummaged through the fridge. 

"like what?" Leo had his arms crossed over his chest as he observed what the air sign were doing. He wasn't being subtle at all. He was doing it to bother Aquarius too.

"any suggestions, Sag?" Aries asked  the red head. Sagittarius was eating chocolate chips that she stole from Gemini.

"i don't know.. What if we combine things. Like a pie, cheesecake, brownies and ice cream on top!"

The look on their faces scared the earth signs. They doubted they would bake a cake, let alone make a pie, brownies or cheesecake.

"have a little faith in them, will you?" Pisces chuckled. "they're already offended because you said the air signs would win," he told Taurus.

Taurus rolled his eyes. "you know it's true! We've all tasted Gemini's food. It's like a taste of heaven itself,"

"you're drooling, taur," Virgo chuckled as she stared at Taurus with heart eyes. Taurus playfully pushed her making Capricorn roll his eyes.

"could you quit it with the sappiness? It's making me uncomfortable,"

"leave them alone Crappycorn! You're just jealous," Gemini yelled from the other side of the kitchen. He was whisking some ingredients in a giant bowl.

The scowl on Capricorn's face only made the air signs laugh louder.

"I've got nothing to be jealous of," Capricorn looked over at the fire signs before smirking.

"should we be worried?" Libra asked as she dipped a spoon into the mix in Gemini's hands.

Gemini glared at her for taking the mix but didn't interrupt Aquarius when she said, "probably"

"whatever.. I'm done with this. We just need to put it in the oven," Gemini poured the mix into a cake tin. "since I did this part... You girls make the frosting,"

"what? No! Gemini you need to help us!"

"or what?"

"or we will lose!"

"since when do you care so much about winning?" Gemini asked Aquarius.

"ever since Leo challenged me,"