Kang Yeosang: Horizon

Lights. Smoke. Music.

The loud cheers from the fans resonated like thunder in your ears, the anticipation giving you chills that made their way throughout your body. You've never gotten used to this.

No, it wasn't for you. It was for Ateez, duh.

Yeosang has brought you with him to their performances a few times since you started dating.

You had just started as an intern at KQ Ent. You weren't that much into K-pop groups, but you didn't mind the music if it was being played. That of course changed when you met the Ateez boys.

They were early into their careers, and they were always nice to you whenever you came across them at work, so you figured you might as well give it a chance and listen to their music. They didn't even know your name, they just knew you as one more intern but the fact that they never failed to stay cheerful and energetic whenever you saw them made you see they were good guys.

As you can imagine, they seem to make straight up BOPS for a living, so it was hard not to stan them. Besides, them being pretty darn cute was a plus.

After a while, you were dying to go to one of their concerts, and so you did. You even got the fansign pass cause why not? You thought it would be fun to be amongst other people who loved their music as much as you.

Once it was your turn, they noticed the familiar face in front of them, so this gave them a chance to get to know you past that *just the intern* status.

After that day, you and the boys were more friendly at work, sometimes they'd look for you to chat on their break or invite you to help their stylists and make-up artists with their looks.

And, well, like any cliché love story, chemistry was bound to spark between you and one of them. That one turned out to be Yeosang. His beauty was undeniable, yes, but it was actually his sarcasm and savage sense of humour that made you fond of him. With him, laughing was just easy, even if it meant you two would sass each other, and the guys, almost all day long.

Eventually he asked you out, and though you two would have to keep things low-key, that was the way the both of you felt more comfortable.

Long story short: They were about to go on stage to perform Horizon. You stood backstage waiting for them to come out of their dressing rooms, so you could wish your boo good luck.

He had mentioned he was a bit nervous about it, since he would be front and center during the chorus, and he wasn't used to having that many lines in a song. Which, we can all agree is a total injustice! But you knew what he was capable of, and based on the times you've seen them practice, this was gonna be Yeosang's time to shine.

You got pulled out of your thoughts by the sight of 8 amazingly dressed up guys running towards the wings of the stage. As the rest of the guys waved and smiled at you, Yeosang stayed behind.

"Wish me luck babe" He pleaded giving you one last hug.

"You don't need luck Sangie, you are gonna kill this song" He smiled so bright. He gave you a quick kiss before he went into position.

You stayed there as the music started playing. Your heart filled with pride as they all danced and sang like angels. By the time it was Yeosang's part, you had already entered fangirl mode, singing and dancing around in your place, cheering on for the boy you loved.

Once it was over, a very sweaty Yeosang ran ᶦⁿ ᵗᶦⁿʸ towards you, almost tackling you to the ground.

"How was it?" His cheeks were flustered.

"Not gonna lie, your red overalls would've made it so much better" You replied with a chuckle.

He smiled and scoffed. "I know, I told them we could've gotten McDonald's to sponsor us" He shrugged getting in on your joke. You both laughed for a moment.

"You were amazing Sangie, as always. I'm telling you, Horizon is your bop" You said squeezing his cheeks.

"Shut up" He put his hands on your waist. "Now give me a kiss and let's go so you can buy me dinner" He finished giving you puppy eyes.

You scoffed, but did as he said, following his lead back to the dressing rooms. "Fine but please not chicken again"

"Well that's just rude" He whined with a pout.

You waited for the boys to get changed and you all went out to dinner. To Yeosang's luck, you always ended up getting him chicken either way.