Song Mingi: Moving On

-___'s POV-
Date him, they said. It'll be fun dating the boss, they said.

To be fair, what did I expect from dating a busy CEO? It's not like I blame him anyways, everyone has their own priorities.

Spending some time by myself wouldn't do me any harm either way, but it could get annoying being in a crowded mall watching everyone have a fun time except me.

I've been sitting at this damn bench just staring at my pretzel for a while now, but I don't know what else to do.

I scan my surroundings, looking for any kind of distraction, that is until I feel a familiar gaze on me, call it a sixth sense of mine. My eyes narrow as I look through the crowd more carefully until I find the big brown eyes I was definitely not expecting to.

-Third Person POV-
"Oh my god Mingi?!" She nearly jumps out of her seat, leaping forward to meet her much missed friend, definitely gaining a few judging eyes along the way.

"___? Hi! Long time no see!" The brunette towering over her as he embraced her in a bear hug, lifting her off her feet in the process.

It's been about 4 years since the pair last saw each other. Mingi had traveled to a whole other continent to finish school, to his parents request. They wanted the best for their son, but Mingi had suffered greatly leaving his friends, and his first love, behind.

After some time he learned to move on, or so he thought. He truly believed he was over that person that had once owned his heart, but being reunited brought it all back.

Mingi confessed before leaving, not wanting to carry the hurt with him, aware he might never come back and knowing nothing would come out of him confessing. He just needed to let it all out.

On the other side, ___ wished Mingi had said something sooner... They could've had a chance. She told him how she felt, both realizing they had missed their shot.

The two pull away, taking in the changes they both went through during their time apart, but still not letting go. Both welcoming back those familiar butterflies.

-___'s POV-
Wow. Just wow... I'd be lying if I said Mingi didn't totally flourish while he was gone. That silly, dorky looking teen has been replaced with one hell of a man.

We stayed in touch for a few months after he left but the distance and different time zones made it difficult to keep up with each other so this is the first time I'm seeing him in a long time.

"When did you get back?!" I asked, sounding a little more excited than I intended to. His signature gummy smile making an appearance.

"Just a couple days ago, I forgot it's really cold here this time of year so I'm doing some shopping" He giggles slightly at his own carelessness, that kind of giggle that's so contagious you can't help but do it too.

"We need to catch up then, can I come with you?" I suddenly get a bit nervous, remembering the way we left things between us before he went away, hoping I wouldn't make things awkward.

His expression seems a bit confused, tilting his head to the side as if I just asked a really dumb question. "What kinda question is that? Of course you can" He grabs my hand and before I can even reply he's already dragging me around, pulling me into different stores, making me vote on which clothes look better on him.

As if he didn't already know every single thing he tries on looks great on him. He's such a Leo sometimes it's amazing.

"Min I already told you I don't want ice cream" I say for the third time as he keeps pointing out flavors he thinks I might like, mostly because it's cute to see him so insisting on something so silly. I don't think he realizes he's been holding on to my hand ever since we walked out of that last store.

"Fine then, I'll pick for you" He sticks out his tongue at me and proceeds to tell the girl behind the counter his order, ignoring my attempts to stop him.

After a couple minutes he turns in my direction with his order, handing me the cup with two scoops in it. I take it thanking him for the unnecessary action.

"You prefer the cup right?" He tries some of the cookies n' creme scoop in his cone. I raise my eyebrow.

"Uh yeah, how did you know?" He simply shrugs still entranced on his treat.

"You're too slow when eating ice cream so the cone gets too messy" He seemed proud of himself for remembering such a trivial fact about me, one not even my current boyfriend seemed to know.

Oh shit. I have a boyfriend.

"So, how have you been ___? Anything new with you?" His tone clearly showing the curiosity behind it. "Anyone special?" The dreaded question. He seemed hopeful. Damn it...

"Well-"

-Third Person-
Just as she prepared herself mentally for the inevitable topic, she hears her name being called from somewhere in the groups of people walking by.

"Hey baby" A pair of strong arms surrounding her, but still not making her heart flutter as much as Mingi's.

"MinMin?! Dude what are you doing here?! I thought you'd be working at your dad's company abroad!" The dark haired male notices his friend's presence, letting go of his girlfriend to give him a very enthusiastic hug.

"Yeah I kinda asked to work at the one based here, I couldn't wait to come back" Mingi was happy to see his friend again, but his heart began to drop once he realized the situation, why she was being so quiet.

"We ran into each other" She tried to excuse herself as if being with Mingi was something to hide.

"It's great to see you San" He forced a smile, hoping he wouldn't notice the clear sadness in his eyes.

They stay silent for a moment before a cough breaks it. "You're late" ___ tugs at San's arm wishing the earth would swallow her whole before having to endure this interaction.

"I'm sorry baby, got caught up with work" San puts his arm around her waist, giving her an apologetic kiss on the cheek, not being able to read the tension in the room.

Mingi's spirits become less and less with every act of affection between the two.

"San we're gonna be late.. to that thing, remember?"

He was confused, but he forgets things often so he just figured there must be somewhere they're supposed to be.

San simply nods and gives his friend one last smile. "We have to hang out soon Min!" The tallest pressing his lips into a fine line, agreeing with the proposition.

"Bye Mingi" The girl holds San's hand, walking away from a very much devastated Mingi.

He had gotten his hopes up. Feeling stupid for thinking she wouldn't find someone in all those years.

Time to actually move on I guess.

-
i currently have writer's block 🙂i have Woo's chapter ready for monday but i'm really struggling with Jongho's so i'm sorry if it comes a little late, i'll try getting it done as soon as i can school has been a bitch

also if you have any things you'd like to see from me (certain plots, characters, kinks even lmao) i'm up for it 😗✌️

PS: i've been getting more into Stray Kids these days any Stays here?