Choi Jongho: She's So Gone

"What the hell was that?!"

"Uh a thank you would be nice?" You looked to him in total disbelief.

"Thank you for what Jongho? For embarassing me in front of all those people? Gee thanks!" You said throwing your hands into the air. He had dragged you inside the house, and with no one else around, you decided you'd finally give him a piece of your mind. And he was noticeably taken aback by your outburst.

Yes, you're best friends since middle school. Yes, you love him obviously. Yes, Jongho can be a little overprotective, and most times you're fine with it. But sometimes, he pulls one of these stunts, and while you really appreciate him caring, there are ways to do things, and this isn't one of them.

Certainly, nearly picking up a fight with some random weird guy just for trying to hit on you and dragging you away without giving you a chance to react, all the while getting all eyes on you at the party and thus wishing the earth would swallow you whole, wasn't the normal thing to do.

"That guy was bothering you, I was looking out for you ___" He spoke softly, making you groan in annoyance swatting his hand away.

Jongho has a special place in your heart, you've stayed by each other's sides through thick and thin, but lately, his attitude has gotten more... present.

"I can take care of myself for christ sakes Jongho" You paused, rubbing your temples trying to stop the headache from setting in. "I had it under control, you didn't have to push him and drag me away like a sack of potatoes" You lowered your voice, as angry as you were, you never wanted to hurt his feelings.

"I'm sorry for fucking caring then" He cursed through gritted teeth. He would never curse, at least not on purpose. He wanted to get on your nerves thinking he was in the absolute right. And he was an expert when it came to upsetting you.

You made a sharp turn to face him, taking a couple harsh steps, all the while pointing an accusatory finger at him, which honestly, scared him more than he cared to admit.

"That's not what this is about Choi Jongho, don't try to make me feel bad now" You pressed your index finger to his chest, making sure he was careful with the words that came out of his mouth. His height made him look down to you, but the angry side of you held much more power over him.

"I was protecting you-" He began his usual excuse once again, but this time it wasn't gonna make you go soft on him.

"I don't need you to protect me" You cupped his face, making him look you in the eyes. "You know I care about you too, but you have to admit that was unnecessary".

He sighed with his sweet puppy dog eyes. "I know... I'm just used to it ___, it's what I've always done since we were little" He shrugged, a sad smile on his lips from remembering the time he stopped a little boy from pulling on your hair, that's how you two met.

"We're not little anymore Jongie" You pulled him in for a well needed hug, both for you and him. "You're a grown ass man now, look at you!" You whisper-shouted in the crook of his neck, gaining a little laugh from Jongho, your arms still around him, and his hands refusing to let go of you. You closed your eyes tightly, taking in the feeling of safety you felt with him only. "The little girl you wanted to protect is long gone" Deep down you giggled at the sound of your way of being 'deep'.

He pulled away slightly, leaving just barely enough empty space between your faces, you could see his eyes scanning your features and you caught yourself feeling a little tingle in your stomach.

After a couple seconds he raised his eyebrow and smirked. "Oh so you're a grown woman now huh?" He joked suggestively like this sometimes, but this time it sounded genuine, filled with true curiosity to find out what it would be like to be together in that way.

Could it be, maybe you felt it too?

Your hands traveled from his shoulders down his arms, feeling every inch of skin under your fingers, almost getting goosebumps from the increasing excitement.

You looked him in the eye, biting your lip, and got a little bit closer to his ear, hoping this would turn out to be a good idea.

"Want me to prove it to you?" Your words were almost inaudible, but it was just enough of an incentive for Jongho to kiss your cheek before throwing you over his shoulder and walking upstairs.

-
so... Jongho is 4 months younger than me and i find myself actually wanting to fight him even though he'd end me 🙂
edit: accidentally forgot, THANXX FOR 1K READS 💖🤗🥳