Kim Hongjoong: Rebound

Relationships are useless. It's all a complete waste of time, you give your 100% to someone that only gives you their 40%.

I hear the door knob turning and immediately cover the rest of my head with my trusted sad blanket.

"___, you really don't need them, they're a shitty person anyway" I peek from behind my covers to find my roommate looking at me with his hands on his hips.

"Your mom side is showing Joong" I roll my eyes, he's just saying this out of pity. "How did you find out anyways?"

"I saw your tweets, you should really lock your private account, butterfly" He sat down by my feet, leaning back on the wall.

"Whatever..." I cover myself again and roll on my side to avoid his pitiful eyes once again.

"Okay, you've earned it, I'll let you choose tonight's movie and snacks, only because you're sad" I felt him shuffle from his previous place, only to end up laying next to me, hugging my blanket burrito body.

"I want ice cream..." I said softly, my voice muffled by the layers. I heard him giggle a little.

I closed my eyes enjoying the comforting feeling. In my few years of being friends with Hongjoong, we've been there for each other through high and low. He's witnessed a couple of my breakups, and I've been there for a couple of his.

Funny enough, he's always been the dumper, and I'm always the dumpee.

Having him as my college roommate has been a true blessing. For a while he was the only friend I had, but he always made sure to include me in whatever outings he had with his friends. They're crazy for the most part, but we've become close.

"San says he'll beat them up if you want to" Joong stopped me from drifting off to sleep. I turn to face him, his phone in hand, lighting up with notifications from what I can only assume is their group chat.

"Seonghwa says he'll bring us ice cream and expects a hug as payment" The comment managed to make me giggle a bit.

"San wouldn't hurt a fly but I appreciate the effort" I pull my blanket over Joong's legs and snuggle up close to him. "And say 'thank you' to Hwa please" Once I saw him typing away, I closed my eyes again. My head still hurts, but the boys' support made it easier to drift off for a little while.

-

I woke up to a faint knock on the door. Hongjoong had fallen asleep too. I got up carefully as to not wake him and made my way to the door.

"How are you feeling princess?" Seonghwa handed me a plastic bag and immediately proceeded to trap me in his arms.

"I'm feeling better Hwa, thank you" With my free arm I returned the hug. I couldn't see it, but I could just feel his shy smile.

He let go of me, shuffling my hair a little, before his eyes met Joong's sleeping figure. "I have to go, got some assignments waiting for me, but call me if you need anything okay?" He took my hand in his, I nodded with a smile and he squeezed my hand before leaving. "Take care princess"

I closed the door, taking out a pint of cookie dough ice cream, a couple chocolate bars and a pack of Oreos out of the plastic bag. Gosh he knows me so well.

"Was that Seonghwa?" Joong sat up, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

I nodded and said a quick "He couldn't stay, school work".

Hongjoong nodded in understanding and patted the space beside him on my bed.

"Shit he only brought one spoon" I looked through our stuff but couldn't seem to find any kind of 'silverware'.

"___ I think we're close enough to share a damn spoon come on" He rolled his eyes still patting my side of the bed.

I decided not to give it much thought and did as he said.

-
After a couple hours of Disney movies, the ice cream was almost gone, I was beginning to forget about the whole being dumped thing.

But of course, things couldn't go well for too long.

"I-I just don't understand! Why are they being so m-mean to Dumbo's mommy?!" I was basically sobbing at this point. Partly because of the movie, and partly because I needed to let it all out.

"Shhh... I know.. They're so mean.." Hongjoong was rocking me back and forth in an attempt to calm me down.

My sobs began to decrease thankfully, though I still felt... shitty.

"Okay you know what?" Hongjoong exclaimed as if a lightbulb had just turned on in his mind. I looked up at him, filled with curiosity.

"I'm taking you out tonight" He wore a proud smile on his face, his eyes sparkling like a little kid.

"I'm not sure I'm in the mood for an outing Joong" My eyebrows furrowed at the thought of having to put up with people in such a pathetic state.

"It's not an outing, I'm taking you on a date!" He held me tighter,
his smile made his eyes turn into crescents, his thumb rubbing small circles on my arm.

"Huh? A-A date?" I'm not sure what he's thinking but surely this can't be what someone would call a date... right?

"Yes! You've moped around enough over that jerk of an ex" His nose scrunched with obvious disgust. "So, I'm taking you on the best date you've ever been on!" He got out of bed leaving me even more confused.

"Um... I..." I tried processing what exactly was happening, and what exactly he meant, but ended up just sighing in defeat. "Okay..."

He seemed satisfied with my unenthusiastic reply though, for he quickly put on his shoes and started gathering up his things. "Okay! I have to go do something quick, but I'll come pick you up at 8! Be ready!" He didn't even let me answer when he was already out the door.

I stayed in bed for a while longer, I still had a couple hours to spare.

I decided a long shower would help with the never ending headache. After I was done, I wasn't sure if it was even necessary to dress up. It's just Hongjoong after all, he's seen me hungover in my pajamas and messy hair.

I don't know what possessed me but I ended up dressing more nicely than I initially intended to.

Not complaining though, wearing one of my favorite dresses and doing my hair was definitely helping cheer me up.

Soon enough, 8pm came around. Almost like clockwork, I heard a knock on the door and Joong's signature giggles.

"Wow... You look... Wow..." There he was, very much overdressed and eyeing me from head to toe. His reaction managed to make me blush a little.

"You know you didn't have to knock, right? You live here too" My hand started playing around with the hem of my dress. "Why are you wearing a tux anyway?"

"Hey hey, I told you this is going to be your best date ever! Don't question it" He gave me a little pout that instantly made my heart flutter.

"Now these are for you" He had the brightest smile on his face as he handed me a small bouquet of flowers.

"They're beautiful..." I paused as I breathed in the sweet smell. "Thank you Joongie"

He simple smiled again. He bowed slightly before putting out his arm for me to take.

"Ready to go Butterfly?"

-
i thought of this at 4am i'm sorry if it's kinda lame and the title's random 😪uni has me going insane

don't forget to drink water and stay safe