Choi Jongho: Lovely Times

(Everyone has a black mark in the place their soulmate will touch them for the first time, once it happens it glows then turns your normal skin color)

Hmm... Today is a nice day. Isn't it a nice day? Lovely weather, lovely new home, lovely new life with lovely company.

Sounds like sarcasm, but no, today was actually a great day, you felt better than ever.

You woke up at the sound of Jongho's voice, which was always a great way to start the day. He walked in the room, still rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"___-ah~ remember when we first met?" He asked with a shy smile as he sat on the bed by your feet.

You yawned and stretched out your arms, remebering that day. It's been a couple years since then, but it gave you the same butterflies it did back then. "I do" You giggled at the thought. "It was not how I imagined it would be, at all".

~FLASHBACK~

Everything that could go wrong already did. What an awful day. And it's just getting started.

Your alarm didn't even make a sound. You woke up with barely enough time to get to school, and that was only if you didn't have breakfast and not a single car in the city was on the streets. You threw on the easiest outfit you found, didn't even bother to brush your hair and put it in a messy bun. That's still a look, right?

You brushed your teeth and packed your school bag at the same time. Grabbed your keys and rushed out the door, only to find your bike had a flat tire. Great, just great.

The air is literally freezing, your lungs would hate you but you ran as fast as you could to the nearest subway station.

*TRAIN NUMBER 8, COLLEGE TOWN ROUTE NOW ARRIVING*

Thank you subway man voice, as if you weren't in enough of a hurry already.

You basically yeeted yourself into the train carriage, accidentally pushing some people along the way, but quickly apologising.

Once you were on it and the doors had closed, finally you could breathe again.

The train moving caught you off guard, and the rest of the people pushing each other, including you, didn't help. You felt an abrupt movement and had to hold on to one of the poles to stop yourself from falling face first.

You were in the middle of composing yourself when you felt someone's hand right under yours. You quickly removed your hand and started apologising like crazy, you couldn't even face the random person.

They started laughing. Humiliation, just the cherry on top of this mess of a day ice cream.

"It's alright" The voice didn't sound mocking, probably just laughing at your awkwardness.

You looked up shyly, he sounded unbothered. You probably looked ridiculous having a breakdown over something so dumb.

"I-I'm sorry..." Wow. He had such a pretty smile, it was literally making you stutter.

Brief eye contact was enough for you to look down in embarassment, only to find the palm of your hand changing from black to exuding a golden glow. Your eyes went wide at the mesmerizing sight.

You directed your gaze to the owner of that beautiful smile. The back of his hand also glowing.

Your eyes met his and you gave each other a warm smile, realising the both of you were thinking the same thing.

"I always thought I would slap someone" You finally broke the silence.

He let out a small chuckle, still not looking away from you. "Thank you for not slapping me then? I think?" His furrowed eyebrows and confused smile made you think he was probably doubting your sanity.

*NEXT STOP: 1117 AVENUE COLLEGE PARK*

"Quick, give me your hand" You obliged to his order and put out your hand. He pulled out a pen and wrote what you guessed was his number on the back of your hand.

The two of you shared one last look before you headed towards the doors.

You walked out with a smile on your face but quickly remembered-

"I'm ___!" You yelled before the doors closed.

"I'm Jongho!" He nearly jumped as he waved you goodbye.

You couldn't stop thinking about him all day long.

Guess it wasn't that bad of a day anyways.

END OF FLASHBACK

Jongho looked at you fondly, remembering his own perspective of the whole meet-cute.

"Why do you ask ~hubby of mine~?" You patted the space next to you.

"I don't know, I just really thought you were gonna slap me yesterday" He replied with a chuckle as he layed next to you.

"I should have. You didn't have to tell everyone how I made a fool of myself on our first date" You hit his chest playfully recalling the anecdotes from the night before.

"I'm sorry but your panic is really cute!" He snuggled up to you, holding your waist and pulling you closer before placing a love-filled kiss on your cheek. "Now, what would my beautiful wife want for breakfast?"

-
Angst, fluff or smut? I'm curious