15. Sweet Revenge

[•Nuri's POV•]

It was around noon and I was anticipating Yeşim's arrival any minute. Tomorrow was the party and if she didn't help me out, then I was doomed. The door flung open then, "Hello dear!" Yeşim beamed at me. We pulled each other in a bear hug squealing at our best. "I missed you so much!" She cried, "Even I did!" I replied finally calming down. "Did Deren leave?" She asked me and I nodded. "Come on in. I'll take your bags" I told her.

"Nuri, it's okay... He'll bring my other bags." She giggled, "Huh? Who?" I heard footsteps down the stairs, freezing as the man appeared. Even he was shocked to see me, "Nuri?" "Özgür..." I kept glaring at him. The face that had humiliated me the most in my life...

Özgür.

"Nuri, let me introduce my boyfriend to you! Don't you know him?" I was dumbstruck at these words, "Is something wrong?" Yeşim frowned seeing our pale faces. A demon overtook me suddenly, "You! How dare you come in front of me!?" I yelled pointing my finger at him. "Nuri, calm down!" Yeşim defended Özgür from me just as I was about to knock him down the stairs. "Aşkım, don't worry. I will solve this" Özgür smiled at me placing his hand on my shoulder, "Take your filthy paws off of me!" I yelled. 

"Tamam

"Tamam... We'll talk inside after you calm down, okay?" He replied. Yeşim led us inside with a puzzled face while I constantly glared at Özgür. He helped to keep her suitcases inside, "Aw... Thank you so much dear" She leaned in to kiss his cheek and he smiled back at her warmly. I was disgusted by his very presence. I wouldn't mind if her boyfriend was a psychopath or a beggar or anybody, but him!

"So I'll make tea for us while we talk like normal 'civilized' people" She clasped her hands together throwing a wide grin at us before disappearing to the kitchen. Özgür smiled at me apologetically, "I didn't know you were friends" I didn't reply. "I'm sorry Nuri..." He whispered again, "Only if sorry's could solve everything" I retorted.

Yeşim handed us our glasses in the calmest way possible, "Thank you aşkım" Özgür smiled at her and she flushed. "Okay come on, someone start speaking already!" "I will, my dear" Özgür replied, "You know in the... Um... 'bad days' ... Itriedkissingnuriinthehospital" He said. "Huh? What?" Yeşim squinted, "He tried... Kissing me in the hospital so I resigned that day" I was still glaring at him.

"What! How could you do that?" Yeşim sprung up from the couch. "Yeşim, it was before I met you." Even Özgür got up, "But still you tried to kiss her!..." Yeşim gasped. Finally, she was understanding me. "...Out of all the girls in this world, you tried kissing her! - NURI!!" Now it got annoying...

"Biliyorum... But now I've changed. You made me change. I love you and I'm sorry" He held her hands with pure sincerity. "That just won't do" I replied and got up. "Tamam... I can pay you if you'd like. How much do you want? Huh?" He asked, distracted by his wallet. "Also you might want to hit me too but since it won't do much damage I ca-"

I slapped him right then and there. "You think I am that cheap? I don't want your filthy money!" I retorted. "Özgür! Oh my god, are you okay?! Nuri, you could have been kinder!" She frowned, "Come on Yeşim, don't exaggerate. He asked for it" I shrugged. "The damage was certainly not less but I know I deserved it... I am fine Yeşim" He replied.

Revenge sure was sweet.

×××

Özgür was sitting next to Yeşim, with an ice pack in his hands. "Does it hurt?" Asked Yeşim, "A bit" He replied but smiled at her. Yeşim glared at me and I ignored her. "Didn't you go to work today?" She asked. "Nope, Ferit bey and Idris had to go somewhere" I replied, "Hold on, you still work there?" Asked Özgür and I nodded. "Didn't you talk with Ferit?" Asked Özgür "No... Come to think of it, I didn't call him at all" He said to himself.

"I was busy gazing at you" He turned to Yeşim. She smiled and mumbled his name with a blush on her face. "Ahem..." I cleared my throat, "So if you didn't call Ferit bey then you don't know about your nephew's broken arm" I said. Özgür's eyes widened in horror, "Idris broke his arm!?" He took a moment to digest what he turned. Turning to Yeşim the next instant and kissing her, "Aşkım I need to go now and check on Idris. I loved your tea by the way" He smiled and turned the doorknob, but came back and kissed her again before leaving for good.

"Shameless..." I sighed and narrowed my eyes on her. She was still standing there like cheese and staring at the shut door, "For god's sake! Earth to Yeşim!" I shouted in her ear causing her to jump. "Ufff Nuri!" She groaned, "It's not my fault that Ferit doesn't act the same with you" Yeşim shrugged. "Of course dear, at least he isn't as shameless as this one" I replied. "Shameless... But very romantic!" She exclaimed biting her lip. I rolled my eyes and helped her with the teacups.

"What do you even see in him, huh?" I asked her out of curiosity. "Pure goodness, you won't get it" She replied with a bright grin. "Geez seriously?" I rolled my eyes. "Tamam I will tell you!" She giggled and made me sit at the table opposite to her. "It was love at first sight!" She sighed in longing. "How can it be love at first sight? You have seen him before right? His photos I mean..." "Uff! Nuri! But not personally..." She frowned.

"Uh-huh," I sounded as sarcastic as possible. "And everything went on by itself" "How beautiful..." I got up. "Don't you wanna hear the rest?" She looked pensive. "Yeşim look, it is still too early for you and I'm sure that you'll find someone better than him. I don't want you to be upset later" I said. "No, I won't be. It was love at first sight!" She emphasized the words. "I don't believe in it" I replied and returned to the kitchen to make lunch.

"Why not?" "Love takes time girl! Things aren't always that easy. I have only fallen in love once and that was with..." Yeşim gasped as I trailed off. "Who? who! Tell me! Which handsome human being made your heart flutter?! Spill!" She was brimming with excitement. I pretended to be shy now, "Umm..." "Umm... Who?!" She asked again, "ISTANBUL!" I shouted.

She rolled her eyes and I laughed. "Özgür said he won't break me, he promised... and also since you went back to work for Ferit, we will-" "Yeşim!" I gasped remembering tomorrow's party. "What? What happened?" Her eyes widened and I told her everything bit by bit.

"So, I need your help. I don't have anything to wear nor have I ever went to such big fancy events... I don't know how they work" I admitted and Yeşim laughed at this. "My baby is nervous for her first date!" She giggled. "Yeşim!" I groaned. "Fine, I'm silent" She chuckled. "Don't you worry my dear, I will make you the most beautiful girl at the party!" She winked at me but I had a really bad feeling about this.

________________________
 Last Edited: 18th June 2021