22. Peace Maker

[Nuri's POV]

I woke up late as I didn't have to go to work. Last night, I had booked a flight to go back to Kerala. I didn't have university, nor did I have to go to work, and thankfully 'cause of New Year, there were many cheap flights and I booked mine at the earliest. My flight was for today evening and the girls wanted to spend the whole day with me.

They came and sat on my bed while I packed my bags, "When will you be back?" Asked Deren, "When our class starts again" I said and sighed, "Do you really have to go?" "Of course, it's been more than four months since I left home. I miss my home so much... Don't worry, I will be back soon" I said. "Why are you going now?" Asked Deren.

I hadn't said anything to her, but Yeşim knew it all because of Özgür. I wished she never started dating him. "I am on vacation right? Also, since I resigned, I have more time now" I lied, and Yeşim raised an eyebrow. "But I can't understand how you got a flight this quickly..." said Yeşim and frowned. "Dear, there were so many promotional flights because of New Year, and I just booked one" I said zipping my suitcase. "Okay then, now let me take a shower" I said and both of them went outside the room.

×××

I sorted my clothes, made my bags ready and had already called my mother. She said that my father was excited for my arrival, so was Ankita, even my neighbours! I was glad to head back home. I also called Fatoş. She gave me all sorts of instructions to board a plane and I knew they would come in handy.

It was finally evening and everything was ready. I hugged Deren and Yeşim tightly, "Don't forget to come back, okay?" Said Yeşim, I laughed and squeezed them. Both of them were like my family now, and I would miss them dearly. I gave them a final glance and got into the taxi. The driver drove off and I waved at the both of them.

I thought about Ferit bey in the cab. I knew he was wrong. I was sure of it, but I wondered about what had happened between him and his mother. He hated her so much. He didn't realise her value. His cold eyes flashed in my head repeatedly and in between Idris' scared eyes interrupted. I left them without saying goodbye but Ferit bey didn't deserve it. But I would miss Idris a lot.

[Ferit's POV]

(from morning - same day)

I was having breakfast with Çihan, and he interrupted me "We have to visit her house after this" he said. Özgür had narrated the whole tale to him and he had been telling me the same thing since we began eating. I wanted to apologise but I felt too high to do it. Moreover, I have never had to apologise to any of my workers, so I didn't wish to start now.

"You listening?" He asked and I nodded. "I need to drop Idris at his drawing class and then go meet baba, we'll see then" I said, and beckoned the waiter to bring the bill. "Ferit please don't postpone it" he said. I kept the money with the tip and got up. "I am going home to take Idris, then I will come to the meeting, see you then. I have to meet baba too" I repeated. "Ferit-" "Come to the meeting" I cut him short and walked away.

I reached home and the new nanny was at her job. I appeared at the kitchen to find Miss Funda trying to make Idris drink his milk. "I don't want it! I want Nuri back!" He shouted at her when he saw me. "Ferit bey..." She mumbled and sighed. "But buddy, you love milk right? Why aren't you drinking it?" I asked him, hoping he would talk to me. "I want Nuri back..." He mumbled, ignoring my eyes. I turned to the nanny, "Miss Funda, can I have a word" and went out to the lawn.

"Didn't he eat breakfast?" I asked her, "Ferit bey, he ate the remaining cookies made by the previous chef. He didn't eat anything made by the new lady" she said and I sighed. "Hmm... Okay. You can leave then, Good day Miss Funda" "You too Ferit bey" she said and went back to the kitchen to take her bag. I walked back to the kitchen, "Come on, get ready, we are going to the drawing teacher" I said and smiled, but he silently got up and went to his room. I felt slightly disappointed as he wasn't talking to me, but I didn't show it.