31. A New Trust

[•Nuri's POV•]

I was heartbroken after the call from my sister.

Two days...

From where the hell was I gonna find that much money in two days?

Nothing came to my mind, two days...

The sentences she said kept replaying again and again in my brain. I needed to find some way or the other to get that money, or else we would be disgraced by that dog.

At that time Idris came near me, "Nuri, can we go to my room and get a few of my toys?" He asked, "Okay" I replied and he lead me inside. I decided to worry over the money after his party. If I looked worried now, Idris would be behind me trying to make my mood better, so I thought of staying cheerful, and we went to his room.

He took a few cars and a truck, and while he was taking the truck from the shelf, a picture fell down. I looked at it closely, "Idris, did you draw this burger?" "Yeah, I wanted to show it to you long back. It's a picture with an inner meaning" he said emphasizing the last few words and I chuckled, "Can you explain it to me?" I asked.

"You see... In the picture, the tomatoes, the sauce and the lettuce are really good friends like me, abi and you" he said showing his milk teeth. I chuckled, "That's so sweet also the picture is really good" "You know something?" He asked and I bent down to his level. "Last birthday, mom and dad were there, even grandpa was at home" he said and his eyes welled up in a flash. Tears streamed down his face before I knew it and I hugged him tightly. 

I felt so sorry for him, I couldn't bare to see anyone upset when I was around, that was in my character. "I miss them so much!" He cried and buried his face in my shoulder. "I know dear" I said and petted him gently. "They are always here with you Idris... In your heart" I said caressing his face when he stood in front of me with a hopeless expression. 

"Go on now dear... Wash your face and come... They will be waiting for us" I said and kissed his hands. He nodded and we went down after some time. "I left my phone near the kitchen, let me go and get it" I said and he went outside to join his abi.

When I got back to the yard, Demir and his wife were gone. "Ferit, when are you going to the hospital?" Asked Aylin. "We are gonna leave now" replied Ferit bey. "Then let's leave abi!" Insisted Idris. "Ferit I can't come" said Çihan, "Why?" groaned Idris. "Buddy I have a meeting now, Bashir abi is going to leave me at the company. We'll go together some other time okay?" He asked.

Idris nodded and even Özgür couldn't come since he had to meet Yeşim. I didn't wish to go to the hospital because of the other problem and also because I didn't want to disturb them, but I couldn't say no to Idris. We got inside Ferit bey's car and as usual, I sat at the front. Edric and Aylin followed behind in their car, and Miss Aygün had gone home. 

We reached the hospital after a long time and Idris lead me into his grandfather's room. "Oh! My darling has come!" Said Tahir bey and hugged the boy. I stood near them and smiled silently. "It's Nuri right? We meet again" he said and I shook his hand. "Merhaba Tahir bey" I said.

Edric and Aylin also greeted him, and he was pretty surprised to see them. I still had no idea how they were related because the family tree was getting more and more complicated in my head. All I knew was that Edric was the boy's uncle somehow and Aylin was his girlfriend. "Nuri, where are the cookies?" Asked Idris, and I gave him the box. 

He gave a piece to everybody, "It's really great, delicious!" said Edric, "Afiyet olsun" I replied. "It really is very good, no wonder you have stayed with Ferit this long" said Tahir bey and Ferit bey rolled his eyes at his father. Even Aylin, praised me, "Soon I will be as red as a tomato" I said and she laughed.