40. Murder

[•Demir's POV•]

My joy knew no limits when Ferit stormed out of the boardroom. Yusef and I shared a high five when even the rest of them walked out. Finally, I managed to get him! And I meant it when I said this was just the beginning. I was going to gnaw him, till there was nothing left, and the next part of his heart belonged to his dear old father.

"We did it!" I smirked. "Yes we did Demir bey" replied Yusef. "But are you keeping an eye on that girl? What was her name again... uh... Ah! Nuri?" "Yeah abi, but she isn't that close to Ferit so there is nothing to worry about" He said. "Hmm... Good. What about that laptop? You corrupted and deleted the file right?" I asked, "Of course abi, I've taken care of it" he said.

I grinned, "Nice... Now, our next mission, Tahir" I said. "We will talk it out in the car, okay?" he nodded and we went out of the boardroom. I met Nazmiya near the reception, "Nazmiya hanim, we will be back here tomorrow and I want my office set up well. Have a good day!" I smirked and left the place.

"We will go to the warehouse first, we need to prepare" I said as we got in the car. At that time my phone began ringing. "Abi I need to talk to you" "Edric? Brother? Did something happen?" I asked and Yusef began driving. "I broke up with Aylin" he said. "What do you mean you broke up!? What the heck?!" I yelled.

"What was I to do? I didn't love her... And I was sure from the very beginning that this won't work out" he said. "Idiot! If you knew that, then why did you date her in the first place? huh?!" he had no reply. "Edric I asked you to marry her!" I said, "That girl was rich and beautiful. She would have been perfect for you!" I yelled again.

"No abi... I can't spend my life with someone I don't love" he said bringing his fussiness out. I sighed, it had always been very hard for me to compel him. "So, where is she now?" "She left... Her flight is in the evening I guess... I am not sure" "You were her boyfriend and you don't know when her flight is? Wow..." I said. "Come on abi, I called you to support me. You are not helping" he groaned.

"Eh? So what are you going to do now?" I asked, "Umm... I called you to ask for a phone number" he said. "Phone number?" "Yeah. I know that you can even get the phone number of the US President but I need this one person's phone number. I wasn't able to ask her" he said. I raised an eyebrow, "Her?" I asked.

"Yeah... Her name is Nuri, Ferit's chef... You met her that day on Idris's birthday... Please, I need it" he said. "Why do you want her phone number?" "Uh... Simply" he said. "Simply?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, simply. I just wanna talk to her" he said. "But why someone related to Ferit?" I asked annoyed. "She is just his chef. Moreover, I have nothing against Ferit, so I don't mind if she is related to him or not" he said.

"But I do" "Abi, come on. You both are the ones who are always fighting for stupid things... So don't drag me in there. I just want you to give me her phone number" He insisted. Edric has never liked fights or drama since he was a kid so it was understandable when he said that, but dealing with someone related to Ferit was a dangerous game.

But on the bright side, if Edric can get close to Nuri then we wouldn't have to be worried whether she will tell Ferit about the document or not. Still, it will be hard for Edric to win the heart of a girl like Nuri, but I was sure that it would be harder for Ferit to do the same. "Abi? Hello?" "Yeah, I am here. I will send you her number" I said.

"Thank you so much abi!" he said and hung up. I texted him the number and leaned back, "Edric split up" I said, "With Aylin hanim?" asked Yusef, I nodded. "But Demir bey you asked him to marry right?" "Yeah... Now he has fallen in love with Nuri" I sighed. "Nuri? The girl who took the USB?" I nodded.

"So... What are you gonna do Demir bey?" "I am not sure. I want Edric to be happy but it will be hard for him to make Nuri love him" I said and Yusef listened attentively, "But, whatever happens, Nuri and Ferit must not be together. It will be disastrous if Ferit finds out about the document. So if Nuri is with Edric, we will be on the safe side" I said and grinned.