29. Back Again

[•Nuri's POV•]

We reached Turkey early morning as there were no delays. Idris's birthday was tomorrow and everything was perfect so far. Ferit bey said that he would drop me home, and I felt my heart flutter at his words. I sat at the front and he drove me home. He stopped outside our apartment and turned to me.

"There

"There..." he said, "Yeah, finally. Thank you Ferit bey for the flight and for... Bringing me here" I said. He looked at me deeply and smiled, "I want to thank you for agreeing to come back to work for me, well, you don't have to today. You can come from the next day after Idris' birthday" "Okay" I said.

"Then I will go now, see you tomorrow" I said and got out of the car. I gave him a last glance as I entered the apartment and smiled. As I closed the door behind me, I felt my heart melting again but I somehow gathered myself and headed upstairs. I knocked on the door and Yeşim opened it. She froze when she saw me, "I'm back!" I smirked. 

Even Deren appeared near the door, "Nuri! Wha? Where? How did you?" I laughed at Yeşim and Deren hugged me, "Nuri! Welcome back!" she said as she squeezed me. "Glad to be back" I replied. Yeşim was still staring at me as if I were an alien, and as I was about to hug her, she stopped me, "Don't... I am having a fever now, You will also catch it" she said. 

I nodded and headed inside. The beautiful scent of breakfast engulfed me and we sat down to eat. "The evening you left, Ferit came here. He asked us where you were and then just left" said Yeşim, "Did you tell him I was at Kerala?" "Yup" she replied. "Aah... No wonder why..." I mumbled. "Now tell us what made you change your mind?" she asked, "Uh... Ferit bey... came there" I mumbled.

"What!?" they both howled in unison. "You mean he came 'there-there'?" I nodded, "Then what happened?" "Uh... He kinda stayed at our lodge" I said. They both gasped and Yeşim's naughty grin appeared on her face, "Then?" Asked Deren. "Then... I agreed to come back to work. That's it" I said sipping my tea. "But you had resigned right?" "Yeah, but I am gonna work at his place again" I replied to Deren. 

At that time, she received a phone call and got up to answer it. "Girls, I have to go to the bar now. I'll come early in the evening. Yeşim take care, and Nuri, tell me the whole thing in detail when I get back. Bye" said Deren. "But Deren, Why are you leaving so early?" I asked, "Uh... Yeşim will explain, I am already late, sorry" she said and went out the door. "What's up with her?" I asked myself. 

"She is going there early every day, since her course this year is done" she said, "Done?" "Yeah she is gathering more money to go back home" said Yeşim becoming dull. "Why is she going back?" "The girl has been here for over two years" replied Yeşim, chuckling at my stupidity. "Really? I never knew that... But when is she going back?" I asked, "Probably before next week" said Yeşim and smeared peanut butter over her slice of bread.

I thought about it for some time, "So he did manage to bring you back!" she said and smirked, "What is your point Yeşim?" "My point is that you both are in clear cut LOVE!" she said and laughed. I stared at her for a few seconds and rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help considering the 0.0002% truth in what she said.

"It's obvious! You run away, he chases after you, he gets angry, then feels guilty and comes chasing after you again! He is doesn't want to lose you!" she stated. I got up and placed my palm on her forehead, "You really are sick" I said. She pushed my hand away and I chuckled, "Uff Nuri, can you tell me that you haven't ever had feelings for him?" She asked slyly.

"Yeşim, he is my boss and I am his chef. Just his chef. He chases after me because of Idris, that is the end of the story" I said. "Nuri, trust me, from the moment you agreed to work at his place, your life has become like a cinema!" she said, "Of course Yeşim, and you are the director, scriptwriter and producer, okay?" I said and sat down on the couch exhausted.

Yeşim sighed and spoke, "I forgot to ask you, how did you get here? I mean the flight and the ride till here?" I choked on my tea, "Are you okay?" I nodded. "Uh... Ferit bey dropped me here" "So... did he arrange the flight too?" She asked, her eyes getting wider by the minute. "Uh... yeah..." she jumped and started celebrating. 

"Whoo! Nuri! A marriage proposal is waiting for you! Why don't you just leap up and get it?" I threw a pen at her. "Yeşim can you stop being silly for once!? A marriage is the last thing on my mind now" I said, considering the tension between me and Ferit bey. 

"Come on Nuri, don't tell me you can't see the signs. He travels all the way to Kerala, tries so hard to convince you. Spends time with you, books a flight for you and I bet it was business class..." I glanced at her, "...He even drops you home, what more do you want?" she asked grinning brightly.

She made sense but what if we were just imagining all this? Moreover, I don't think I am ready to be in a relationship with him at least, not until I am sure. "Leave that, How did you get sick?" I asked changing the topic to her, "Ah... I was wondering the same. Last evening, I had a sore throat, at night it became a cough and by morning it developed into a running nose" she said.

I chuckled. "You shouldn't make fun of ill people... Anyways, you will be tired so go on and take a shower. We haven't changed anything in your room, go on" she said and I gave her a bright smile.

×××

I called my parents and sister through the laptop and before hanging up, Ankita said she wanted to talk something with me. She went somewhere in the house far from our parents and spoke, "Chechi, Jaleel came here last night with a few party members" she said.

I leaned forward, "Why?" "He said that if they don't get the money within a week then they will arrest father..." she said, I paused in shock. "What!? They will arrest him?" she nodded worriedly. "Then why didn't they tell me?" "They didn't want you to worry over it" she said. Of course, they said that.

"What will they do now?" "They said they were gonna talk with uncle. They called him in the morning" she replied, "But what will he be able to do about it?" "They will try filing a case or at least ask for money I guess" she replied. "But the police won't do anything about Jaleel, I mean he has such strong connections with the MLA" she said. 

"What did uncle say?" I asked her, then I heard Amma calling her from inside. "This has to stay between us, I will call you again tomorrow. I am going, bye" she said and ended the call.

Now I had a new reason to be worried. Just when I thought everything was going perfect, How am I supposed to find 50,000 rupees within a week? Even if uncle agrees to help they won't accept the full amount from him. That greedy dog! I cursed him in my mind, at that time Yeşim came near me, "Did you talk with them?" she asked and I nodded.

I really wanted to get away from the thought of Jaleel so I asked her, "Shall I make a vegetable soup for you? It works when you are ill" I said, "Sure, I would love that. I missed your meals so much!" she said and I chuckled.

"Here you go, warm soup... or... siçak çorba!" I replied picking up on my Turkish. "Thank you dear" "Afiyet olsun" I replied and smiled. "It's so good" she said, "By the way Nuri, didn't you have to go to Idris's birthday party?" she asked.

"It's tomorrow" I replied. "Okay, but what will you give him?" "I have his present safe in my bag" I replied, remembering the DVD. "I wish I could come, will you tell Özgür for me?" I nodded, "So what are you going to wear?" "I was wondering when that question would pop up" I replied and she grinned.

"If you want to impress your boyfriend, you will have to wear what I say" she said slyly. "Dear, I think you spelled it wrong, it's boSS, not boYFRIEND" I replied loud and clear. "So you accept that you wanna impress your boss?" she asked nudging me. I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch, "Uff Yeşim" I groaned and went to my room.

___________________________
 Last Edited: 9th December 2020