34. Fetching

[•Nuri's POV•]

I went to Ferit bey's house in the morning. I had no idea how to get the USB, and Yeşim said that she would find some way or the other to get it. Deren didn't come home last night as she said that she would stay at her friend's house. Today was her last day in Istanbul, she would leave for her hometown the next morning.

"Good morning" I said as I entered the kitchen. Ferit bey was shuffling through some files, he smiled at me, "Morning. Idris is still sleeping, I have a meeting early, so I am leaving now. See you in the afternoon" he said and I nodded. Idris came into the kitchen then, rubbing his eyes. "Nuri? Good morning" "Hey there big guy" I said and ran my fingers through his hair. "Abi are you going?" asked Idris, "Yup buddy" he said and kissed the boy's head. 

"See you in the afternoon" he told the boy and gave me a warm smile before leaving

"See you in the afternoon" he told the boy and gave me a warm smile before leaving. "Nuri I am starving" he said and I chuckled, "Okay, I will bring your breakfast" 

I was thinking about the USB, until Yeşim popped her head from near the door, "Selam!" she said, "Yeşim? Selam, but what are you doing here?" I asked, "I came to give you a little surprise" she said, "How did you know the way?" "Özgür brought me here" she said, "Özgür? Then where is he?" I asked. Özgür appeared from near her and he smiled, "Merhaba!" he said, "Hey..." I mumbled, trying to be nice. "Didn't Idris wake up?" "He is in his room" I said, "Okay, then I will go check on him" he said and went inside.

"Yeşim, what is he doing here?" I asked, "Calm down will you, this is his brother's house, he is not a stranger" she said and I sighed. "Did you think of something?" I asked suddenly, remembering the USB, "No dear, I haven't gone to his house today, he picked me up from our home" "Hmm..." I said. 

Özgür then came to the kitchen with Idris in his arms. "Nuri, look, uncle came to meet me" he said as Özgür placed him down. I smiled at the boy, "So you are Idris" said Yeşim and bent down. "Yes, who are you?" "My name is Yeşim, it's nice to meet you" said Yeşim and rubbed his hair. "How do you know me?" asked Idris.

"I am friends with your uncle and Nuri too" she said, "You know her?" asked Idris turning to me. "She is my room-mate" "Then what about Deren abla?" he asked, "She is too" I said and smiled. "Hmm... Nice to meet you too" said Idris and held out his, "Such a gentleman!" chuckled Yeşim, and shook it kindly. 

"Idris c'mon let's go then" said Özgür, "Where to?" "My house. I couldn't give you your birthday present earlier. I have it there now" he said, "Really?! Then come on, let's go! But Nuri will also come, won't ya?" He said and turned towards me, "Me? But I have a lot of work left to do here" "Nuri, please. Just this once" he begged, and as always I fell for his puppy eyes.

It was also a chance, I felt. Maybe I could get the USB from under there, when they weren't looking. So I agreed and Özgür was totally surprised, "Did something happen to you? Did you hit your head somewhere?" he asked me secretly, "Very funny. I am coming only because Idris insisted" I said and we informed Malik as we left.