41. Crushed

[•Ferit's POV•]

I was utterly troubled after the rough day I had had. Nazmiya hanim called me half an hour before and said that a new case couldn't be filed until I had the original document, but Demir deleted it. I was so frustrated and the only one who could ease me now was my father. I got out of the car and walked towards the hospital building.

I entered the building and found an unusual rush. A few doctors were staring at me and whispering, I found it odd. I asked the boy at the reception about the rush, "Our security system and alarms were down for some time, so the authorities got worried, but now it is back to normal" he said.

At that time, Dr.Tarik saw me and gulped. I walked towards him, "Is dad sleeping?" I asked, "Uh... Ferit bey... I need to tell you something. Can we go someplace quiet?" he asked. I was very confused, but I nodded and followed him to the other hall near the clinics. He turned to me with a devastated expression.

"Ferit bey, I am very sorry but we couldn't save your father" he said. I froze, I couldn't understand what he tried to say. "H- Huh?" I asked nearly trembling. "Tahir bey died an hour ago. He went out of breath and the doctors believe that it is probably the side effect of the sedative" he said.

I felt my senses going numb, I was trembling, and my eyes were red. I felt my heart being crushed to a million pieces... 

My father was no more

[•Nuri's POV•]

Yeşim sulked when I removed her phone's battery. Even after Aylin's advice, she kept using her mobile constantly. Her face was just slightly swollen though the blisters remained. "Do you really have to take the battery?" She asked, "Yes" I said coldly. "You are so heartless! I couldn't even call Özgür today!" she cried.

I looked up at her, "You have been chatting with him from morning onward, I think that is more than enough for today" "Why are you acting like my mother?" she asked, and as I was about to give her a sharp reply, I heard the doorbell ring. "Don't open it" said Yeşim and hid her face with a magazine. I chuckled and got up to see who it was.

"Fatoş! Hoşgeldin" I said and hugged her. "Hoş buldum" she replied and hugged me back. "Come on in" I said and lead her inside, and when I checked the couch, Yeşim had disappeared. I looked over to the hallway and I saw her running to her room and closing the door shut, "Good Night!" she called. 

Fatoş couldn't make head or tail of what just happened and I sighed. I narrated the whole morning drama to her and she was surprised. "It must be hard for her" she replied. "Yeah, but the 'No more screen time' is very necessary for her" I said and Fatoş laughed. "Do you think Yeşim will adhere to it?" "She will probably take her phone battery back while I am sleeping" I said and sighed.

"So maybe you could do it too" she said, "Huh?" "If you keep away your 'Screen time' too then maybe she will get adjusted to it" said Fatoş. It was kinda logical but I didn't wanna give up my mobile and TV, but I had to. "Hmm..." "You can use it like just in the evening" she said. "Three hours?" I asked and smiled expectantly.