25. Deal?

[•Ferit's POV•]

I sat there, thinking about what she said. It was true but I didn't want to think about Aygün any more. Tonight was really beautiful and a very good opportunity to kiss her too, but I didn't want to ruin the warmth yet...

The next morning, I heard a knock on my door. "Nuri? Good morning" I said and smiled, "Morning Ferit bey. My father wanted to know whether you will be joining us for breakfast or you will have it in your room" "Can I have it in my room?" I asked, "If you want I can bring it to you" she said.

"I would like that" I said. She nodded and after half an hour, came again with a tray, "Here you go" she said and handing it to me, "It smells great, what is it?" "Idli and sambar, my mother's specialty" she said and smiled.

I didn't understand anything but I nodded, "Is there anything else you need?" she asked, "Thank you" I said. I wasn't used to traveling nor was I used to eating new food, but the dishes were delicious to be honest. There were so many spices and vegetables that you'd get sunk in a sea of flavors.

After breakfast, I had a few meetings via my laptop, I talked with Çihan and Özgür. Idris was at his drawing class. By the time I was finished with all that, it was deep into afternoon. Again there was a knock on my door and I opened it to find Nuri's father.

He raised his hand to ask me whether I had lunch. I shook my head and he gave me an astonished face. He beckoned me to follow him downstairs. I nodded and went back inside to take my coat and phone.

We reached the open space where we had had breakfast last day and I saw him signalling a lady near the canteen door to bring lunch. I sat down at a table and began texting Çihan to tell him the details of the meetings. Soon enough the same lady came and placed a plate of rice in front of me.

Last afternoon I didn't eat lunch as I wasn't hungry after breakfast, and for dinner I had eaten something called chapati, so it was my first try at rice. There were a few other things poured over it too. I took a spoon and placed some of it in my mouth, the flavors engulfed me again.

×××

Nuri's mother approached me, "Did you like the food?" She asked, "Yes it is good" I replied. She smiled, "Can I ask you sir, from which country have you come?" "Uh... Turkey" I said swallowing. "Ah! Well a few months back, we had another visitor from Turkey, even my daughter was in Turkey" she said.

"Yes, I know" I realised the words only after I had said them, "How do you know?" She asked, "Uh... I heard them talking, you know, Nuri and her sister" I said. She froze and gave me an alien stare, "How do you know her name?" "I asked her yesterday in the kitchen" I replied quickly. "Oh, okay" she nodded smiling. "If there is anything you need, you just have to ask" "Thank you" I replied. 

It was evening and I wandered around the lodge, Nuri was nowhere to be seen and there were no more meetings. I headed to the canteen as I was thirsty. There seemed to be no one in the hall and when I went to the kitchen, I found Nuri cooking. She had her earphones plugged in and I leaned towards the fridge watching her work. She was humming some tune and then suddenly she turned around.

"Aah!" She shrieked when she saw me, "Calm down..." I said, "Ferit bey! Don't you ever do that! You took half my life" She said, "I came to have a glass of water. There was nobody around so I came here. I never expected to find you" I said and she frowned. "Fine, but don't go scaring people like that" she said and handed me a glass and poured water in it. "Idris's birthday is after two days" I said. "I know" she mumbled. 

"Why is it this hard to convince you, why are you so stubborn?" I asked losing patience. "Ferit bey, you yelled at me, you fired me, but still you come after me again and call me back to work" she said furiously. "I know that, so I am sorry" I said finally, gazing deep into her. At that time her sister appeared near the door, she looked at us both in an alien way.