19. Life-Taking

[•Nuri's POV•]

I felt miserable as I entered through the front door. "I am home" I said as I took off my purse. "Oh Nuri!" cried Yeşim. She jumped from the couch and hugged me tightly, it always felt good to be hugged by someone when you're sick. "Your body feels warmer than usual" she said, breaking the hug and placed her palm on my forehead. "Nuri, you are burning! Go on, sit down. I will bring tea" she said. "Nah... I will take a shower first" I said, coughing in between.

When I was out of my room, Yeşim caught my arm and made me sit on the couch. She inserted a thermometer in my mouth and I took it out immediately, "Yeşim I am fine, really" I said. "Nuri, as long as you are in this house, you follow my rules" she said and put it back in my mouth. After some time she took it out, "Look! It's near 40!" she cried as she analysed the readings carefully. "It's not much..." I said and got up.

"My neck hurts a bit, I just have to sleep for some time, that's all... Where is Deren by the way?" "She went to a friend's house, they have an exam coming up. I called her while you were in the shower, she said that she will be home early today so as to meet you" said Yeşim and smiled. I chuckled, "Then I'll take a nap now" I said and turned, "Alright then, I will bring you soup" she said, "Yeşim... It-" "Nuri, don't make me repeat what I said" she said fiercelyand went into the kitchen.

×××

I snuggled under the blankets and it felt so good. It had started raining again and so it was cold outside. As I lay on y bed, I thought about everything that had happened and couldn't help blushing. I hugged his hand... Obviously, I thought it was my pillow. I always did that. Whenever I slept, I'd hug the person or thing next to me something, so I kept an additional pillow with me while I sleep. I felt so ashamed and I wondered whether I will be able to go back to work for him. 

 At that time, Yeşim came in with the soup and my red went back to normal. "Here you go!" She said and handed me the bowl as I sat up on the bed "Thank you" I beamed as I took the tray from her. "Girl! You made me so worried. When I saw the TV, my heart stopped" I choked, and coughed for a long time till I finally found my breath, "The TV?" I asked clearing my throat. "Yup, but you weren't in it. The headline said- Ferit Aras, the multi-millionaire gone missing, says Demir Fariz" I heaved a sigh of relief.

I was glad that I wasn't included, but knowing Ferit bey, he won't be happy. "But who's Demir Fariz?" I asked myself. "...I was so sure that you were with Ferit, so I called Özgür and he said that both of you are not missing, it's just fake news. I was so relieved" she said and sighed. I was silently sipping my soup, "So come on, tell me all that happened" she said waiting eagerly for my reply. 

"Well... Ferit bey said that the engine was gonna burn so we had to land on the nearest island" I said and sipped my soup again, Yeşim gasped. "And we did. It was a very beautiful island, but uninhabited. He said that there was a short circuit of some kind, and he sent our location to Miss Nazmiya" "He is smart..." Said Yeşim, "I know right... But then I got lost in the forest, and he found me, and we fought, and then made up, and then it was night and I slept in the helicopter" I said finishing my soup.

Yeşim looked at me disbelievingly, "What?" I asked, "Why do I get the feeling that you skipped, A lot of details" she said. "What details?" "Who knows... Maybe something like where did Ferit sleep? Or, how did he find you? Huh?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeşim, you don't interrogate sick people. Go on now lemme sleep" I said, handing the bowl back to her.

"I am sure there is a lot more to the tale" said Yeşim getting up. "Of course Yeşim, there's a lot more to the novel, but look the girl is sick and sleep-deprived. Let her sleep! Then I will read this novel" Yeşim laughed, "You know what? The idea isn't that bad" she said grinning. "Uff Yeşim! Uff!" I cried and pulled up the sheets. I hid under the blanket and soon enough she left me alone.