23. New Year's Surprise

[•Ferit's POV•]

"To Kerala?" I asked and they both nodded in unison. I sighed, "Hmm... Okay, then I will leave now, have a good evening" "Bye" they replied and I went home.

×××

Idris was at Özgür's and I was sitting and drinking alone outside. "Did she leave the country because of me?" I asked myself. The more I thought about it, the more guilty I felt. Çihan came at that time, "Partner! Are you drinking without me?" He grinned and poured himself a glass. "Hoşgeldin" I said, "Hoş buldum... Did you talk to her?" He asked and sipped his glass. 

"She left" I said, "Where did she go?" "Back to Kerala" I said. He was shocked, "Her home? Like Forever?" "I am not sure..." I mumbled and poured another glass for myself. "So you didn't see her?" "I went there and Yeşim said that she had left a few hours ago" I said. "Now what will we do?" "Now there's nothing to do" I replied coldly and leaned back. 

"What about Idris, does he know?" "Not yet, he's with abi now. I will have to tell him... Just when we made peace..." I sighed. "Idris will ask you to go there!" he laughed and I rolled my eyes. "By the way, won't she come for his birthday?" he asked, "She doesn't even know about it probably" "But Idris will really hate you if she doesn't come for his birthday. You have to get her back" he said.

"Çihan, don't talk nonsense. I am not gonna go all the way to Kerala for the sake of a mad girl" "No, not for the mad girl, but for the girl you are madly in love with!" He exclaimed and sat down near me. "Sure, I am really lovesick now" "Well, can you deny it?" he asked again, "Çihan, please... Moreover, we have an even bigger problem" I said. "What?" "Mom" I said. "What did Tahir uncle say?" "He is calm... As usual" I said and frowned. "Then why are you so worried?" "I do not like that woman" I replied.

"But Ferit, it is sure that she will stay till Idris' birthday, and there is nothing you can do about it" he revealed the harsh reality. "So don't bother about her now, think of what you are gonna do about the girl" he said and I nodded hesitantly. "If you get on a flight tomorrow, you will reach there by New Year" he said.

"Do I really have to go there?" "Well, you don't have much of a choice, do you?" he was right. "But what about Idris?" "Özgür will take care of him" he said. "Then what about the company?" "Oh come on! I am there right? I can handle it!" he said and shrugged.

"But dad?" Çihan pressed his forehead, "Özgür is here, I am here, even Idris is here! Tahir uncle is in safe hands" he said and got up, "Anyways, you decide tomorrow. I will be at the company early, and we can have breakfast together. Is that fine?" "Tamam" I said and got up to hug him.

"Good night" "You too brother" he replied as he walked away. I sat back down and thought. Even if I did go there, It wasn't gonna be easy to find her. She had told my father that, her father owned a lodge.

I called Nazmiya hanim at that time and asked her to do a full search on Nuri. "Okay Ferit bey" "Thank you Miss Nazmiya" I said, "No worries Ferit bey" "Good night" I said and she hung up. I thought to figure the rest out in the morning.

×××

I reached the company early and Miss Nazmiya greeted me. "Ferit bey, I found out relevant details about Nuri" "Good, let's talk in my room" I said and she followed me. Çihan was already present and was reading the newspaper when I entered. "Good morning Ferit" He said looking up, "Morning" "Did you decide?" He asked me, "Partly... Okay Miss Nazmiya, go on" I said turning to her.

"Ferit bey, Nuri's father owns a lodge in the state's capital, Trivandrum. It is called 'Evergreen Quarters' a beautiful place. She lives with her parents and sister" she ended, "Ferit, did you ask Miss Nazmiya to do an investigation on Nuri?" Asked Çihan with wide eyes and I nodded.