38. Yeşim's Allergy

[•Nuri's POV•]

"Isn't she up yet?" asked Deren, "No, I don't think so... she drank too much last night" I said and sighed, "Hmm... Then let us not wake her up. I will leave now" "Yeah I am coming" I said and both of us went downstairs. "Ha! stop, stop!" said Deren and nearly jumped in front of a taxi, I chuckled at her antics.

"So... bye then" she said and I hugged her tightly "Have a safe trip and call me when you reach" I said, "You slightly sound like my mother now" she laughed and kissed my cheeks, "I will miss you" she said, "Me too" "Let me leave now before I start crying" she said, and gave me a last tight hug and got into the taxi.

I watched as the taxi went farther down the road and I went back inside. Yeşim wasn't up yet and I sat down to have my breakfast and leave for work. "Morning..." said Yeşim and came near the table, I choked on my bread when I saw her. She looked pathetic, her face, hands, and neck were covered with red blisters, and her eyes were red too, and her whole face looked puffed up.

I got up from my chair and stared at her worried, "Yeşim? Umm... What happened to you? Do you have chickenpox?" I asked her, "No... I feel completely fine, just my eyes kinda itch" she said and I gulped. "Did you look at yourself in the mirror?" "Why Nuri? Is there something on my face?" she asked and I nodded, still in shock.

She ran back to her room and I swiftly followed her. I heard the worst high pitched scream in my life, I was sure that I'd go deaf. "Nuri! What the heck happened to my face!! Holy crap! I look hideous!" she said and her eyes filled up, "My eyes hurt pretty much and it itches too!" she cried, rubbing her them. "Don't rub them, it will get worse" I said equally worried.

"How worse can it get!" she cried, "I am not one bit sure what happened to your face but we need to see the doctor, come on get ready" "I am not going to the hospital with this face!" she screeched, "Yeşim, please don't be stubborn" "Nuri, I can't show this face to anybody!" she groaned. At that time, my phone began ringing. "Ferit bey is calling" I said and Yeşim asked me to pick it up.

"Uh... Ferit bey?" "Nuri, aren't you coming here today?" he asked, "Umm... I don't think so Ferit bey. Yeşim seems... uh... sick, very sick, even Deren left, so uh... I am very sorry" I said, "Oh... Did you take her to a doctor?" he asked, "She won't budge!" I said and Yeşim threatened to throw her bottle at me, and I knew she would.

 Did you take her to a doctor?" he asked, "She won't budge!" I said and Yeşim threatened to throw her bottle at me, and I knew she would

"Why?" "Uh... Because... She is so sick that she can't even walk!" I lied. "Hmm... Why don't you try calling Aylin?" he said, "Aylin? Umm... but she said that she has to leave town today right?" "She will leave only in the afternoon, now she is probably on her way to meet my father" he said, "I will text you her number" and my heart began fluttering again at his words.

The old, cold Ferit bey had disappeared completely, I felt, and a new person took his place, a kinder person. "Thank you so much Ferit bey. I am also very sorry to bother you" I said, I could feel him smile from the other side, "It's okay, I will see you tomorrow then" he said, "Yes, bye" I said and he hung up.