43. Stay

[•Ferit's POV•]

A step closer was all that was needed, 

"Ferit bey you will make everybody upset if you get shot" she said crossing her arms and walked towards the glass door. Of course she would deny me, so I sat back on the couch. She watched the rain and turned to me, "How is your leg?" she asked again, "Slightly better" I replied.

"It's still raining heavily but I need to get back home" she said. She didn't have an umbrella and I didn't want her to leave, "If you want you can stay here tonight" I said, "It's raining pretty heavily" She stared at me. "Here?" "Yeah, the room below mine is free, you can stay there" I said. "Hmm... I'll do that if the rain doesn't stop" she said.

"Ferit bey did you have your dinner?" "Uh... No" I said, "Okay then, I will make you soup" "But what about you? You didn't have anything either" I guessed, "I am pretty full after all that has happened tonight" she said and chuckled. "Nuri you have to, it's been a pretty tiring day and I don't wanna take no as an answer" and she finally agreed.

She headed to the kitchen to make soup when I rested on the couch. I was happy to have her near me now, and I felt that she didn't wanna leave either, judging from her eyes. I had no idea how she found me, nor did I know why she found me, but all that mattered was that she was here with me physically and mentally.

×××

She brought the bowls in a tray and I took mine. She was about to go drink hers in the kitchen when I stopped her, "Stay here, sit down" I said and gazed at her. She gave me her puzzled expression but it soon turned into a sure nod. She brought her bowl from the kitchen and sat down on the couch, I was glad that she trusted me more now.

"How did you find me there tonight?" I asked her, "Malik said you'd be at some bar though he wasn't sure where exactly, so the cab driver helped too" she said. "The place had such a weird name" If she'd have me something like this a few months ago then I surely would have fired Malik. "Hmm... But why did you come there? Even after it was raining heavily and you didn't even have an umbrella" I asked her.

She was suddenly taken aback, like she remembered something and her eyes went blank suddenly, "Ferit bey I need to tell you something" she said. I stopped drinking my soup and looked up at her. Her happy face suddenly changed into one that was sad and scared, she gulped and looked down. "Is something wrong?" I asked her, and she looked up at me in a different manner.

A way that I wasn't used to. She looked at me for some time trying to make up her mind, "I... I... Forgot" she said, "If it's something sad you don't have to remember" I said and she gave me a sad nod and turned back to her soup. "How is Idris?" she asked, "He is with my mother now, I didn't want him to stay here tonight. It's better for him to be with her" I said and sighed.

"Yes... I am so sorry for him, he is such a sweet boy but he has to go through all this at such a young age" she said. She loved Idris so much but unlike others, she never spoiled him. Her love was perfect, like a mother's. A love that Idris needed very badly, and I was glad that she was there to love him like that.

"By the way Ferit bey, do you play guitar?" she asked me out of the blue. I looked at her out of astonishment, "You saw that?" she chuckled, "Last time, I noticed something shiny upstairs, but this time I saw a beautiful brown guitar at the corner of the hall upstairs. So do you play?" she asked me. I guessed that she was trying to cheer me up by helping me forget, even I wanted to forget all about today.

"It's been a few months since I have played it" I said, "But you know to play it!" she said getting excited, "Özgür plays it very well, so he taught me a few years ago" I said. I have never really shared such things with anyone else, not even Burçu. "Ah... It's a great hobby" she said. "Do you play anything?" "Nah... I really like music, but instruments are kinda hard I think" she said and looked away.